Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

??

Pretty sure there was a cordovan pic (plus color saying dark brown cordovan) recently. May be photoshop but that looks like calf. Either way happy I got my shell pair now

2. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I dont mean to hijack this thread at all, but I wanted to ask here becasue so many of you are very knowledgable about Ralph Laurens shoe offering.

Any idea who makes the Made in italy Fullwell Boot? http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&cp=1760781.1898623&view=99&parentPage=family

At half off would this even be close to a worthwhile purchase in terms of value and quality? I know sometimes RL marks up their stuff a ton.

Thanks

3. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

Figured this thread may have answers - Do they make the marlow loafer in C width or narrow? RL online would suggest NO.

Also, I have a pair of McCallums that are NOS RL Chukkas made by C&J. My feet are between a C and D width typically. I'm curious if these shell chukkas likely will have excess wrinkling problems given that my foot is a bit narrow for the last?

Thanks for any thoughts....

4. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

Don't know about the C width, but I own an older pair of Marlow loafers in E width, so they didn't always only come in D.

If the McCallums are 10 or 10.5, then yes, they will have terrible problems. Sell them to me! :D

5. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Hi Gents,
    Just a quick size question. I am a UK7.5E in c&j Bradford cordovan. What size will I be in Marlows ?I think UK E is like US D.
    thanks.

6. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Does anybody know what last the McCallum is on? I use the Marlow Shortwing 9.5D as well as the PTB 9.5D. I tried sizing down one to 9D as recommended but they were too tight with the somewhat narrow toe box. I wear the 9D in the Marlow Penny as I like a very tight loafer to begin with as they do stretch over time. Would the 9.5D McCallum work for me? My guess is the toe box is along the lines of the Marlow PTB or Shortwing. Better looking than the Barrie last but a little dicey fit wise.

7. mfadam

mfadam Senior member

I'm not sure of the McCallum last, but the fit is pretty generous. The instep is fairly high and the toe box is not tight as it goes....

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

9. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Will the Marlows get a bit lighter over time?

I notice new they look pretty dark, like an espresso color:

But some images I've found online, they look a bit lighter (which I prefer):

[​IMG]

10. n-domino

n-domino Senior member

Yes, they will. Mine are only 1.5 years old and they have already lightened considerably.

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Old vs new Marlows.
    [​IMG]

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Pretty drastic change. I don't know if any of my shoes have lightened that much over time.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

IIRC the MacCallums are on the 325 last, the same as the Marlow shortwings. On me, they both fit slightly large in the toes, though I'm not sure I could size down i/2 size (never tried it). I can check tonight.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Wish these had fit. Think I sold these right after I took this pic: Not all Marlows lighten. My pair actually darkened [​IMG] What's really interesting is how the toe lost someof it's shape; [​IMG] Or maybe a different last was used in the past?