Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Me too. I certainly don't need the Lindrick; I certainly covet it.

Any one know why they stopped production for a year? Or is this common and its re-production due to pent up demand?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

2. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

They seem to do this for their boot models, since they discontinued all their other cordovan boots. I'm guessing there has been so much demand for Lindricks they decided to bring it back?

Darn, going to be tempted to grab a pair now... I ended up getting the BB C&J when I couldn't land a Lindrick last time around, which by the way is a fantastic shoe in itself.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

3. forex

forex Senior member

Is the Lindrick back now? Where did you guys see it?

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

it lives on in RL shell folklore. I love mine so much that I may adopt a kid just to name him/her "Lindrick". Like Shaq

btw, any interest in the Darlton wingtip or shell Pasquale kiltie loafer?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

5. forex

forex Senior member

It is so freaking hot here that I can not wear any double leather soled shoes but I am glad I wore the tassel marlows today, kicked a steel bucket at one of out plants and had a little damage to the shoes. I am sure calf shoes would crack open after that.

6. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Just received my new Marlow Wingtips back from C&J whereby they added recessed toe taps on both PTB and Wingtips. Awesome work btw. The darn Wingtip seems a little bit roomy on me at 9.5D, same size as the PTB that fits perfectly. I can stick a finger down the back of the heal when untied on the Wingtip. While laced, I have some heal slippage that would bother me long term. Haven't worn them outside just yet so no crease or marks on the sole. Minty shoes. Just wondering if the shoe is going to fit once the soles loosen up. I went down to 9D in the Tassle and the Penny. Might have to go up in the Penny 1/2, then again, a moc fit I normally shoot for in the unlined cordos, but these Marlow Pennys, I can't get much stretch as they are lined. Marlow woes.... still awesome looking shoes... the fit seems to change from shoe to shoe even in the same sizes?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

CS, could you give deets of the cost and timeframe for the work done by C&J? You sent them to the uk?

8. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

No no, I sent them to the NY store. The workmanship was impeccable and I didn't want to risk them to an Arizona cobbler to mess up my C&J's at any cost. Now who do you use? CS I've not heard of them. The only other person I know from this site is Nick also in NY. You have someone in California who's good? BTW does the Lindirick boot fit exactly as the Wingtip in the 325. Thanks Namor!

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

No one in CA that I know of. If anyone does, please pm me. I have about 10 pairs that need taps but I'm hesitant to ship them all to NYC.

The Lindrick fits like a dream! Size 1/2 size down

10. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

There's a good chance that C&J NY farms out the work to Nick. They are less than 10 blocks away from each other and I do know that Nick does talk with the folks at C&J, from what I recall him saying.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Wouldn't be surprised. Nick seems to be the only person this side of the Atlantic that does the job

12. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I would bet my bottom dollar he did the taps as well. Looks exactly like his post tap pictures. Oh well, eventually they ended up in the "best cobblers" hands and that works for me. I think I'll be doing all my other double soled shoes as well, seems logical as I wear a little excessive on my left toe mostly and I think it looks crappy on a beautiful double soled shoes. Namo says go down 1/2 on Lindrick Boot from the Marlow Wingtip? or both 325's?

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

just noticed this:

[​IMG]

left toe is more slanted. original sole

14. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

My new Marlow 9.5 PTB's feel slightly large but not as large as the Marlow Shortwings same size. I did the recessed metal toe tap routine at C & J NY on both, but don't want to hit the roads just yet as the bottoms are fresh on the PTB's having only been worn around the casa a few times. What to do? I could go down to a 9D if ... and that's a big if ... I could even find them for sale. The PTB's are a rare shoe to find. Same sizing skinny on the Marlow Shortwings but even looser. They have 10 wears on them but are slightly too loose as well. I don't typically wear thick socks here in the desert. Ideas?

15. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that this text from the RL UK website for the Darlton Wingtip (http://www.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=4078481) must be wrong: "Handsome wingtip dress shoe, crafted from supple calfskin leather with heritage-inspired details for a classic look."

The picture is exactly the same as for the "dark brown cordovan" Marlow on the US website.

Not that I am considering buying the shoes at that UK price. Would be nice to know though if they are the same shoe on the off-chance of a sale ...