• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nevermind...
How does the Lindrick run in terms of size? Should I size up, down true?
Also, this boot is cordovan, right?

:( this does not bode well. Sigh...

you never know. not everyone sizes down.

Im a perfect 9.5 US in everything and got the 9.5 sent in. It was a littttttle bit roomy, but I tried on the Marlow in a 9 and it was way too tight. Id go true to size on this, if not 1/2 size down for some.

and they are ******* AWESOME.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Im a perfect 9.5 US in everything and got the 9.5 sent in. It was a littttttle bit roomy, but I tried on the Marlow in a 9 and it was way too tight. Id go true to size on this, if not 1/2 size down for some.
and they are ******* AWESOME.

Awesome cordovan? No indication on the site

Braughn

Reaction score
If the Lindrick is shell cordovan why doesn't the product description say it is?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a 12C in the Barrie, would I be able to squeeze into a 12D in the Marlow wingtip? I know a 13D will be too big for sure....but there's no 12.5 so I might be screwed either way. Maybe I will just bite the bullet with the 12's and I can return them if they don't fit. And how do you get the 40 + 15? Can I just call any RL store and ask for it?

I think so. I'm not sure what width I wear in the Barrie (either a C or a B) because they're all uncomfortable, but I take the same length.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's the first thing I look for when I receive a new pair. I have never seen the stamp on a pair of C&J for RL shoooz. So for you to get it on your first pair... Ooof

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, the looser the boot, the more pronounced the wrinkling across the vamp. It's going to be reminiscent of the north shore on a windy day

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let this be a warning to the lurkers... before you create an account. Didnt expect to drop $600 on a pair of boots this morning, but there you go. That's life with SF.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let this be a warning to the lurkers... before you create an account. Didnt expect to drop $600 on a pair of boots this morning, but there you go. That's life with SF.

thanks for the much needed Sat morning intervention :slayer:

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:slayer:

Last edited:

Manfred Freitag

Reaction score

Excellent point. This site has cost me about $3k in 6 weeks.

Also, it is populated with enablers. When I PM people with my standard, "How are you liking your. . . " I have yet to be dissuaded from pulling the trigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads