• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones 360 last

pupjoint

Reaction score
i have a C&J Chelseas size UK9 E in 238 last.

i tried the 348 last, 8.5E is too small for me, and 9.5E i have plenty of room in front.

still waiting to try out the UK9E in 348 last if it fits me.

anyone here have prob with the 348 and if the 360 fits them?

sorry to be asking this, but where I am now, getting good shoes seems to be a chore.

not to comfortable with mail ordering anything into this country yet.

still waiting for my Saphirs to come in, been more than 2 weeks now.

BicesterRules

Reaction score
The Wigmore is great- just bought a "last" pair in Selfridges for 115£, and came home to check if my feet were in agreement with SF

blind luck as I only pass by the place once a year, just for the eye candy experience and to smile inside when I see the prices of stuff from RL and Boss (black line both), etc-

It seems like black label = gimme ur money sucker (hopefully with no racial undertones)

My best buy I reckon since a couple months ago I got a pair of beautiful black derby Ferragamo Tramezzas for 118£ in Bicester (I like to think they screwed up the pricing as the other Tramezzas were and still are 220£)

They did have some goodish discounts (30%) on some other brands, but the variety was weak in many brands, especially Italian

Izhitsa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by miomall1
Where can one find the Malton or Maidwell?

Originally Posted by gumbolo
Yes, where can you get these two? I called the the CJ UK phone-number yesterday to order the Maidwell, but they didn't know it. THey said they could research it for a few days, but I was to eager to buy the Clifford and the Selborne in the meantime.

Does anybody know where they can be acquired or if there is any special story behind them?

I'd like to re-resurrect this thread: indeed, which is the best place to find those shoes, along with the others on the 360 last, such as the Bramwell and the Higham -- Paris? Tokyo?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izhitsa
I'd like to re-resurrect this thread: indeed, which is the best place to find those shoes, along with the others on the 360 last, such as the Bramwell and the Higham -- Paris? Tokyo?

+1. I too would be interested in learning more.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones "Redhill" in Natural Burnished Calf

07jan022.jpg
[/IMG]

07jan025.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izhitsa

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
+1. I too would be interested in learning more.

Trading Post in Japan has (had?) the 360 and pretty sure I've seen them at C&J Paris as well..

Also, iirc C&J store in NY has one style on the 360 (unfortunately I don't remember which model)

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
Beautiful last, but too narrow for my blood. I've had to put my pair of Cranfords up for sale.

yes, I wanted to get the Bramwell.
frown.gif

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how does 360 compare to 348/337/358 by the way?

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
how does 360 compare to 348/337/358 by the way?

360 is basically the almond toe version of the 348. I have both.

gamblor

Reaction score
I like this a lot. Toe is just so much more elegant than the 337.

I think an austerity brogue on this last would be nice.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Crockett & Jones "Harding" in Chestnut

mar26015.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

Also like that a lot !!

Little Cletus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Hi Guys,

What's the experience or opinion of the 360 last?

This "Milner " possibly takes on the label "fashion forward" in some quarters.

IMG_2720.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_2721.jpg
[/IMG]

I personally wear a "Maidwell" - an Adelaide with medallion toe and there is also this "Bramwell"

IMG_1389.jpg
[/IMG]

You really can't have an opinion on a last because the last has more to do with the Shape of the foot and everyone is different. It may be great on some people and others will not even be able to wear a shoe on that last at all.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Little Cletus
You really can't have an opinion on a last because the last has more to do with the Shape of the foot and everyone is different. It may be great on some people and others will not even be able to wear a shoe on that last at all.

You can def have an opinion on a last whether or not that particular last suits your feet is completely another matter
nest.gif
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads