• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones 337 last fit

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have searched high and low, but I can't find a clear answer.

I'm looking to buy my first English shoe - a C&J in the 337 last and I'm trying to determine what size I need. Nobody in town carries these to try them on. Do I need a UK 8 or a UK 8.5?

I'm a perfect 9D in the AE #5 (Park Ave, etc)
The Alden Barrie in 9.5D is just a hair big, but I wear it comfortably.

Thank you for the help!

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get measured on shoe size gizmo. go 1/2 size lower.

and This doesn't make sense:
Originally Posted by cbbuff
I'm a perfect 9D in the AE #5 (Park Ave, etc)
The Alden Barrie in 9.5D is just a hair big, but I wear it comfortably.

geoffmartin17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, C+J and pediwear said that the 337 is known as a "spacious" last and should be sized down 1 full size.

I'm not much help though, my only C+J shoes are on the 363 last, which seems to be one of their LEAST common...

Anyone know how the 363 compares to the 337?

-Geoff

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that, and I'm not sure what to size down from. I'm a US 9 or a 9.5 in most shoes- 10 in some

I'm hoping someone with a C&J 337 shoe and compare to a commonly owned shoe- the AE Park Ave or other #5 lasted shoe.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pebblegrain
Get measured on shoe size gizmo. go 1/2 size lower. and This doesn't make sense:
Th 337 last is one full size down from the US size. Plal and Pediwear can confirm this. My AE size in the Park Avenues is 11.5E. My normal size is 11.5D but AEs last #5 runs narrow. Normally people find that the Barrie last is a 1/2 size too long. OP: what is your shoe size in other shoes? Edit***iirc, last #5 is slightly longer so the OP might be a true 9.5

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 9D in the AE # 5 (Park Ave, etc)
I'm also probably a 9D in the Alden Barrie last - I have a 9.5D that is just a hair big.

I have seen advice saying size down with 1 whole size or 1.5 sizes from US for this last. Anyone with personal experience with the 337?

Rather than trying to compare to a general US size (which varies by manufacturer ans last) , I'd really appreciate a specific comparison of the 337 to the AE# 5 for fit.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
FWIW, I'm a US 9.5D, and take an UK 8.5E in the 337. For the 348, (Hallam, Lowndes, etc.) I go to a UK 9E, but the 348 is very narrow.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
I'm a 9D in the AE # 5 (Park Ave, etc)
I'm also probably a 9D in the Alden Barrie last - I have a 9.5D that is just a hair big.

I have seen advice saying size down with 1 whole size or 1.5 sizes from US for this last. Anyone with personal experience with the 337?

Rather than trying to compare to a general US size (which varies by manufacturer ans last) , I'd really appreciate a specific comparison of the 337 to the AE# 5 for fit.

I have the C&J Welbeck and Belgrave (both 337 last) in 10.5E. My Park Avenues are 11.5E. All other lasts from AE put me in 11.5D.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is very helpful. Thank you guys!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.