Crockett and Jones Polish?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alter, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Does anyone know who manufactures C&J polish? I just picked some up on a whim.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

2. Alter

Alter Senior member

Sorry for the bump but still wondering if anyone knows who makes the C&J wax? I assume it is re-branded something.

I just used some of the Dark Brown and it is great stuff? It polished up to a nice mirror shine with very little effort. Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.

Some over-flashed pics of the can and some freshly polished EG Chelseas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

English, I think.

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

English, I think.

That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?

5. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.
    Saphir has two lines (mÃ[​IMG]daille d'or and pâte de luxe) which differ in composition, which one were you using?

Avel makes Lobb's polish, as far as I know, but they could do it to different specifications than the one they use for their own Saphir line. They can also make a special order when you order in bulk (Marc Guyot sells a specific formula in his shop in Paris). I don't know if they are doing Crockett's polish.

6. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?

I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

8. Alter

Alter Senior member

I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.

Got the joke now; quite good actually!

And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes [​IMG]

But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.

9. sysdoc

sysdoc Senior member

Got the joke now; quite good actually! And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes [​IMG] But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.
    I've got the C&J polish as well and I can second your observation that it is different to Kiwi. I've stated before that all of Kiwi's shades of brown contain some red tint. C&J's brown polish doesn't which is why I prefer it. I am still at a loss as far as the manufacturer of the C&J polish goes. It is certainly not an Avel product. It could be Collonil, but I have yet to verify it. Anyway, it's good polish.

10. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

I really like C&J's polish too - it seems to be "softer" and easier to apply than Kiwi. Plus C&J offer a dark brown, while Kiwi doesn't.