Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett and Jones Polish?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Alter, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Does anyone know who manufactures C&J polish? I just picked some up on a whim.

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

2. Alter

Alter Senior member

Sorry for the bump but still wondering if anyone knows who makes the C&J wax? I assume it is re-branded something.

I just used some of the Dark Brown and it is great stuff? It polished up to a nice mirror shine with very little effort. Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.

Some over-flashed pics of the can and some freshly polished EG Chelseas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

English, I think.

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

English, I think.

That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?

5. Etienne

Etienne Senior member

Recently I have been using Saphir and La Cordonnerie Anglais but I prefer the C&J; it is a little less oily.
    Saphir has two lines (mÃ[​IMG]daille d'or and pâte de luxe) which differ in composition, which one were you using?

Avel makes Lobb's polish, as far as I know, but they could do it to different specifications than the one they use for their own Saphir line. They can also make a special order when you order in bulk (Marc Guyot sells a specific formula in his shop in Paris). I don't know if they are doing Crockett's polish.

6. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

That seems rather Vaclavian. Do you mean it is manufactured in England?

I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.

7. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I have the same C&J polish. No different than KIWI, save your money.

8. Alter

Alter Senior member

I am the Forum's self-appointed protector of all things Polish, so I made a little joke at your use of the upper-case "p."

FWIW, there are a number of threads here and in AAAC regarding polish. The consensus was "they're all the same" except for a few who believe you get what you pays for.

Got the joke now; quite good actually!

And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes [​IMG]

But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.

9. sysdoc

sysdoc Senior member

Got the joke now; quite good actually! And yea, I know they are basically all the same but I buy polish when I go to the shoe shop but can't afford to actually buy shoes. I have more polish than I have shoes [​IMG] But this C&J stuff really laid on the mirror shine better than Kiwi. Really.
    I've got the C&J polish as well and I can second your observation that it is different to Kiwi. I've stated before that all of Kiwi's shades of brown contain some red tint. C&J's brown polish doesn't which is why I prefer it. I am still at a loss as far as the manufacturer of the C&J polish goes. It is certainly not an Avel product. It could be Collonil, but I have yet to verify it. Anyway, it's good polish.

10. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

I really like C&J's polish too - it seems to be "softer" and easier to apply than Kiwi. Plus C&J offer a dark brown, while Kiwi doesn't.