• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crocket and jones fit? 341 last (or just a fit question.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I just received a pair of C & J shoes. I wear a 10.5c in Allen Edmonds so I order 9.5e in these shoes. I was actually kind of worried that the shoes would be too small, but if anythign they turned out to be too big.

These are no doubt too wide as they feel a little loose on my foot even when fully laced. I also find I can slide my foot forward enough to place finger between my heel and the back of the shoe. I am tempted to size down to a 9e, but in the past when I have tried to go from a simular fitting 10.5 d to 10d I found my toes were too pinched.

In the 341 last have otehr people had to go down a size to get a good fit? Any advice here as I need to decide if I mailing these back to the UK.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 341s I've got actually were snuggish out-of-the-box.
So I had to walk around the house for about an hour or so.
Though not as bad as the 348s
devil.gif

Which I ended up rejecting.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
hmmm. These aren't too snug, but the more I wear them the tighter they are getting. The toes is starting to crease bit wich is keeping my foot from moving around. I can't say I have bought of pair fo dress shoes that were too tight, I also have never gotten blister from dress shoes or had to slowly break them. I have always shot for comfortabe right out of the box. These would be perfect with an insole, and I fear maybe too tight the next size down. Then again with little wear the next size down might expand a bit and be a better fit.

Bugger - I have to think on this one overnight.

potter AB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
These are no doubt too wide as they feel a little loose on my foot even when fully laced. I also find I can slide my foot forward enough to place finger between my heel and the back of the shoe.
Since they definitely are too big, I would send them back, no doubt about that.
Going down half a number in UK size will probably be the right thing, since you indicate that the pair you have received is too wide as well.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you have to size down for C&J shoes,but if you wear 10.5C I think 9E would work better for you,so you can't return it now?

Smahatma

Reaction score
I'm an 8C (though a little borderline D) in AE sizes. I figured I would be a 7E in C&J (E width since I heard C&J ran narrowish), though when I went to T&A and tried on 4 or 5 different lasts, I ended up needing a 6.5E on the 337/348/358 lasts for a very good fit. But again, I'm a borderline C/D width in US sizing, so going down 1.5 did not result in the shoe being too narrow....so YMMV if you are a true D width.

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I am sending them back for a smaller size today. thanks for the advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads