• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Croc Wallet

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations? What kind of price range am I looking at?

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
There is a croc wallet in buy and sell a few weeks ago, it was home/hand made by a forum member, it was like 160 dollars. If you buy from a retailer looking at 500 +

haloitsme

Reaction score
Depends on quality, brand , cut , finish , etc.
Prices, 80-5000€ or above.

... ad...
I have a kiton wallet, retail 5000€, can let it go for around 650-700€ net. Also some cheap croc wallets (black), around 80-120€/pcs

793789BD-E705-423F-BF56-9C348D054336.jpeg

41FC7B68-5A64-42F2-A882-8D97CE549C62.jpeg

10B85CCA-3B8D-43A3-86CF-73651116B548.jpeg

F8A02482-6981-4DE2-817A-4B56A0BC13BF.jpeg

A51BF012-36B7-4A19-BE9C-3B7BB71D11C7.jpeg

5767A8FA-339D-4FF8-996D-8982B1BDF7EF.jpeg

shackletonian

Reaction score
I've got a few of them. I recently got a credit card holder from John Allen Woodward, which was really stunning, and the quality of the skin is top notch, as is the craftsmanship (and decisions about sizing/spacing to keep a good balance of snugness and flex).

I also recently got a long wallet by Dreadnought leather, whose owner is on this site (and sells, too). It was a really supple and well-constructed work, and I've actually made it my day-in-day-out wallet during the work week.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chester Mox makes really nice ones, and often at a price that's less than ready-to-made luxury brands. For one, they saddle stitch everything, which means it's completely handsewn. Most brands will use a machine stitch because it's cheaper and faster. A handsewn seam is tighter and stronger than a machine sewn one, but more importantly, it's cleaner looking. Here's an example of a machine-sewn seam versus a handsewn one. Machine-sewn on the left; handsewn on the right.

They also cut from the belly of the hide, rather than the flanks. Many companies, including high-end ones, will cut from the flanks for men's accessories, then save the belly for things such as women's purses (which command more money). By cutting from the belly, you get cleaner looking scales. On the cheaper black wallets above, you can see how the scales are a bit crinkly, especially between the scale. IMO, cleaner scales look better, but since the space on this hide goes for a premium, so do the resulting goods.

The scales can also be placed such that you get a nice transition. This is an eyewear sleeve I bought from them a while ago. The bottom of the case transitions into smaller scales for visual effect, but you could ask for clean belly scales all around, depending on your design.

And this is a custom wallet I had them make from navy croc. Inside is lined with grey goat leather

Here's the "Himalayan" croc popular with women who shop at Hermes.

Most of their small, croc accessories are about $1,000-ish. Which isn't inexpensive, but it's a lot cheaper than brands such as Kiton, and IMO way better in quality. Even less than what Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren charge. I used to live in Moscow, and I remember seeing these really nice croc items there with super clean scales. But for some reason, you rarely see that in the US or Western Europe, outside of high-end leather purses at Hermes. The thing to really avoid, however, is caiman, which is ... not good. If you're getting something for not a lot of money, it's almost certainly made from caiman.

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chester Mox makes really nice ones, and often at a price that's less than ready-to-made luxury brands. For one, they saddle stitch everything, which means it's completely handsewn. Most brands will use a machine stitch because it's cheaper and faster. A handsewn seam is tighter and stronger than a machine sewn one, but more importantly, it's cleaner looking. Here's an example of a machine-sewn seam versus a handsewn one. Machine-sewn on the left; handsewn on the right.

View attachment 1199672

They also cut from the belly of the hide, rather than the flanks. Many companies, including high-end ones, will cut from the flanks for men's accessories, then save the belly for things such as women's purses (which command more money). By cutting from the belly, you get cleaner looking scales. On the cheaper black wallets above, you can see how the scales are a bit crinkly, especially between the scale. IMO, cleaner scales look better, but since the space on this hide goes for a premium, so do the resulting goods.

View attachment 1199668

The scales can also be placed such that you get a nice transition. This is an eyewear sleeve I bought from them a while ago. The bottom of the case transitions into smaller scales for visual effect, but you could ask for clean belly scales all around, depending on your design.

View attachment 1199670

And this is a custom wallet I had them make from navy croc. Inside is lined with grey goat leather

View attachment 1199671

View attachment 1199673

View attachment 1199674

Most of their small, croc accessories are about $1,000-ish. Which isn't inexpensive, but it's a lot cheaper than brands such as Kiton, and IMO way better in quality. Even less than what Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren charge. I used to live in Moscow, and I remember seeing these really nice croc items there with super clean scales. But for some reason, you rarely see that in the US or Western Europe, outside of high-end leather purses at Hermes. The thing to really avoid, however, is caiman, which is ... not good. If you're getting something for not a lot of money, it's almost certainly made from caiman.

Posts like this are why I come to the forum. I am not remotely in the market for anything croc at the moment, but now I know a couple of things to look for if/ when I am. Thanks for sharing!

haloitsme

Reaction score

View attachment 1199672

View attachment 1199668

View attachment 1199670

View attachment 1199671

View attachment 1199673

View attachment 1199674

You are right, you get what you pay for.
The cheap croc I posted are not really good but for 80€ who cares...

The thing with the super nice pores is true, because in Russia the market is better and also Asia. I have seen topnotch croc exporter their, what you can’t even find in Paris. But it was a jacket running for 145.000€ ...
Also look st the Burberry croc Card holder, they Charger 600€ for that. I usually charged or that kind of Accessoire only 150.
I think for 150 it’s ok, but not for 600€. Same as the Kiton, 650€ is ok, but not 5000€
Best

Attachments

• 773F99E2-CAB1-441D-A732-24BB7DDF412A.jpeg
    773F99E2-CAB1-441D-A732-24BB7DDF412A.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 217

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads