• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crittendon - Quality and Construction (lots of pics)

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
laugh.gif

Have you ever tried any of the best chinese stuff?

Or do you stick with the high dollar stuff like Kiton.

I guess my question could be for either audio gear or Crittendon.l

I have heard the Cayin and Shanling lines and they are very good. But the Audio Research and Conrad Johnson gear made here remain the best.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

kngrimm

Reaction score
Umm.. I'm kind of an Audiophile.

I own the Linkwitz Orion speakers. www.linkwitzlab.com

A picture of my speakers is at the top of the 'photo' page. Click the top left picture that looks like a circuit board.. then you can click 'photos' over the construction plan title... mine's the quilted maple speakers with a custom car paint job on the side panels that's on par with a Bentley's paint job...

Now you know what I don't have bespoke John Lobb or Cleaverly... and I wouldn't trade my speakers for shoes any day of the week =p

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
I would never have imagined an audiophile wears Kiton suits and EG shoes ....

AF doesn't strike me as an EG man, he's a total Olga fran boy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
tsk tsk tsk.... I don't get the China bashing. Both the Shanghai and the Canton regions have a very storied tailoring history, directly infuenced by the British and also the other foreign occupants of pre-WW2 Shanghai. That is why up till now there are this industry still flourishes, or at least exist, in both regions.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
tsk tsk tsk.... I don't get the China bashing. Both the Shanghai and the Canton regions have a very storied tailoring history, directly infuenced by the British and also the other foreign occupants of pre-WW2 Shanghai. That is why up till now there are this industry still flourishes, or at least exist, in both regions.

It's not an Italian province.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy

I dont know about the Canton region but WW Chan was originally a Shanghainese tailor that high tailed it during the war. If you were to ask me of any notable historic Shanghainese tailors that have remained there, I'd say ... no. I'd imagine quite a few went off to Hong Kong or Japan. That's what the chefs did.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the look of the work on the coat (and I am depending on iammatt's physical examination), the fit (which any competent tailor can adjust to fit the client better - same with any well cut rtw), and the price, this coat seems an exceptional value. Especially if it is gunning for Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford, etc. At about 1/2 to 1/3 the price..

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
From the look of the work on the coat (and I am depending on iammatt's physical examination), the fit (which any competent tailor can adjust to fit the client better - same with any well cut rtw), and the price, this coat seems an exceptional value. Especially if it is gunning for Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford, etc. At about 1/2 to 1/3 the price..

+1. I also appreciate the fact that Matt is offering his time to do this.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't, bloody hell.

My wallet can't take anymore good deals.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Not sure I'd want a Chinese made garment at that price point. Why can't they move production to Taiwan or Hong Kong? At least the people there are more attentive to details and not spend 2 hours to avoid a 15 minutes job.
Do you have some Taiwanese or Hong Kong made suits at that price point for comparison?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Do you have some Taiwanese or Hong Kong made suits at that price point for comparison?

I'm curious about this too
plain.gif
I've looked around in Taipei a few weeks back and got nothing.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I am just curious, on suits of this caliber, is the pattern on the top of the shoulders where the front meets the back, supposed to line up? I don't know the terminology but I noticed the chalk stripe doesn't line up there. I'm learning more by the day being on this site, being a novice, I appreciate the info provided here.

The patterns on not supposed to line up on that seam, and they won't on almost any well-made jacket you can find. Look around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads