Crittendon - How does it fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, May 16, 2008.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I took two pictures of the fit of the Crittendon jacket (actually part of a suit) I reviewed earlier. For the first picture, I pinned the back a bit to give it the after tailoring effect, and for the second I shot it as is. Obviously, the sleeves are too long, and the coat is slightly too long for my taste as well. The shoulders have quite a nice shape, and the overall look of the jacket is very, very nice. I am interested to hear your comments, as I am seriously surprised and impressed.

Pinned to look like it would as worn:
    [​IMG]
    Unpinned:
    [​IMG]

2. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

I cant help but be distracted by the surreal landscape out the window which could be mistaken for a painting of a painting.. it looks like a garden blending into a graveyard blending into an industrial site. that combined with your headless self make this look like a Dali.

3. itsstillmatt

I cant help but be distracted by the surreal landscape out the window which could be mistaken for a painting of a painting.. it looks like a garden blending into a graveyard blending into an industrial site. that combined with your headless self make this look like a Dali.

[​IMG]

I am afraid that is a large photograph. We neither have graveyards nor chemical plants in the city of San Francisco.

4. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

[​IMG] I am afraid that is a large photograph. We neither have graveyards nor chemical plants in the city of San Francisco.
    Well by the looks of that "window", i thought you were staying at a Holiday inn express. [​IMG] Now that i know youre in San fran, it all makes sense...somehow.

5. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

I'd say it's more of a Magritte.

6. itsstillmatt

Come on guys. I think we owe it to Trevor and Crit Rawlings to make some constructive comments. They were nice enough to go out of their way and send a suit for review.

7. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

From the front it looks like it has potential but I'd like to see it on you (from the side and especially the back) after a decent tailor has tweaked it a bit. BTW, you don't do the coat any favors by pairing it with those trousers.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'd say it's more of a Magritte.

He would need an apple to chew on. I say it's more similar to a De Chirico given the landscape photograph.

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I think the fit is very good for RTW, meaning that it looks like it is not too extreme in it's cut so that it will fit/look good on most men. The shoulders are not my taste but if I had to guess the maker, I'd say this was an Isaia Base S jacket given the looks. Can't tell the quality from the pics but I think they have very good potential with this line.

Would also like to thank Romauldo and the Crittenden people for this opportunity. I think it's an honor that a clothing retailer and manufacturer think highly enough of this forum as knowledgable consumers to provide this jacket as a sample.

10. itsstillmatt

From the front it looks like it has potential but I'd like to see it on you (from the side and especially the back) after a decent tailor has tweaked it a bit. BTW, you don't do the coat any favors by pairing it with those trousers.
    Unfortunately, I don't think me having it tailored was what they had in mind [​IMG]. FWIW, the shoulders would need to be squared, and I'd probably need a small pad in the right side. The sleeve pitch is OK, probably better than a lot of the cheaper bespoke we see [​IMG], but it too could be improved a touch.

As for the pants, they are from my suit, and I still have to go out to dinner.

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

The sleeve pitch is OK,

good to know, manton.

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

The styling looks like a nice balance of timeless and modern. Personally I'd like a more extension in the shoulders but that's probably not what we're doing here.

13. mmkn

mmkn Senior member

It's like the sartorial (reduced priced) iPhone, made in China.

I just hope quality control doesn't go the way of Mafoofan's Borelli shirts when their demand skyrockets.

- M

14. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

the pinned version looks good.

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

I am going to have to give this silhouette a price-point KA rating.

Meaning: Kicks Ass.

I like the roped shoulders...shows it's not what we typically associate with high end RTW Italian.

How's the fabric? At this price point, that is a sticky issue.

- B