• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique this jacket fit, pelase.

Leo

Reaction score
I recently lost some weight, going from about around 200 to about 160 pounds. As a result, nothing in my wardrobre fits anymore. About a month ago I had to buy some pants, and ended up getting this jacket. I'd like to hear some critique on the fit.

jacket1.jpg

jacket2.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks fine for a cotton jacket.

literasyme

Reaction score
Shoulders could be a touch cleaner, and the waist maybe a bit more suppressed, but overall, it looks fine. Good shots!

Edit: Actually, on second glance, something looks a bit off in the second and third shot. In the second one, I guess the jacket's caught on your belt buckle, but in the side shot, the skirts are flaring out and forward while the chest is very flat, producing a not altogether flattering silhouette. In the real-life shots, it looks good, though...

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
Shoulders could be a touch cleaner, and the waist maybe a bit more suppressed, but overall, it looks fine. Good shots!

+1.

Leo

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, the second shot doesn't look right -- I'll try to take another picture. I agree that the waist could be a little more supressed, but this jacket is straight OTR... I'm not too confident about having the jacket adjusted.'m not sure what you mean about the shoulders. Does it look too wide on the shoulders? Maybe I should I try a size smaller next time?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leo
Maybe I should I try a size smaller next time?
You may be on to something.

ozonemania

Reaction score
At first glance, I'd say it looks fine. But studying it SF-style, the above-mentioned comments do make some sense. I was thinking that there seems to be a gap between your chest and the lapel, esp. in the buttoned up shots. The shoulders seem to point out to the sides, beyond where i'd think your natural shoulder would sit. It's all really hard to say.

Regardless, congrats on your weight loss! Enjoy wearing your new clothes.
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics