• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique this Exec. Assistant job description

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Sorry, I meant to post 'is not'. I fixed it in my original post.
Ahh gotcha
smile.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Id cut down on some of the puffery. Qualified candidates know what an executive assistant does and what skills/discretion are needed. no need to dramatize some of the responsibilities

This job posting reeks of too much self importance to me, but thats just my opinion

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Some overlapping points could be combined to make it more concise: • Handles sensitive information with appropriate discretion. This is already covered by the confidentiality line. There are three or four points about scheduling (travel, meetings, calendar management) that could be combined.
Noted. Thanks
Originally Posted by HRoi
Id cut down on some of the puffery. Qualified candidates know what an executive assistant does and what skills/discretion are needed. no need to dramatize some of the responsibilities This job posting reeks of too much self importance to me, but thats just my opinion
Ok. I didn't write this particular copy but yes I think so as well. Hence the need to reduce

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn't mean to come across as harsh. The first sentence under key responsibilities covers the confidentiality aspect. Can strike all the other references. EA's know that they have to be a good reflection of their boss, and since you already have the "ambassador" comment you can leave it at that without repeating. And then the next few bullets can all be covered by a simple sentence like "manage the CEO's schedule and appointments, as well as the daily responsibilities of the executive office"

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, it would be helpful to know what the purpose is for the job description.

If this is going to be used to advertise a position then it needs to be greatly cut down. Most of those details can be expressed later in the hiring process. Frankly, I would be turned off by the lengthy descriptions about confidentiality...sounds like there is something illegal or illicit going on.

If this is something to be used for training purposes to explain the range of duties then it is fine to keep the details but, as Hroi said, it needs to lose the puffery.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
Didn't mean to come across as harsh. The first sentence under key responsibilities covers the confidentiality aspect. Can strike all the other references. EA's know that they have to be a good reflection of their boss, and since you already have the "ambassador" comment you can leave it at that without repeating. And then the next few bullets can all be covered by a simple sentence like "manage the CEO's schedule and appointments, as well as the daily responsibilities of the executive office"
Thank you. I edited it slightly. I'll do more later
smile.gif

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Actually, it would be helpful to know what the purpose is for the job description. If this is going to be used to advertise a position then it needs to be greatly cut down. Most of those details can be expressed later in the hiring process. Frankly, I would be turned off by the lengthy descriptions about confidentiality...sounds like there is something illegal or illicit going on. If this is something to be used for training purposes to explain the range of duties then it is fine to keep the details but, as Hroi said, it needs to lose the puffery.
It will be used to explain the range of duties and not posted for public browsing. It will however be shown to potential candidates to help them better understand the position.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrngorickets
Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Perfect, you're hired.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
why do you need someone degree qualified? you might be screening out all the good experienced PAs.

start over from scratch. Cut it in half. Mention some attractive features of the firm. You make the company sound uptight.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think the phrase "Act as an Ambassador for the Exectuive" is too proactive of a mission for an EA?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads