• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique these Paciotti's

qdogg29

Reaction score
Hey Guys, After muddling through a slough of garish shoes, I came upon these Paciotti's: http://www.dellamoda.com/cesare-paciotti-cpm500.html I'm not enamored with them, but the look appeals to me quite a bit. However, I have two major concerns: 1) The quality or construction of the shoe? 2) And more importantly, how it fits? As regards the former, notwithstanding shoes like this: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...K&sts=sr_men80 Cesare Paciotti has a reputation for having excellent craftsmanship per his kind. Yet, does the construction of his shoes compare to similarly priced non-designer shoes? I would imagine it is a measure below. This would be my first expensive shoe purchase, and I'd like something that would last me a number of years without breaking down. I do a lot of city walking. The second issue is that I've been told I'm a 10 with a high in-step. Do these shoes run narrow? A pair of Nikes and a pair of rather unattractive Dolce and Gabbana lace ups were too snug for my liking, particularly the latter. On the other hand, I have a 10.5D in New Balance, Timberlands, and this cheap pair of Bostonian Oxfords and I am extremely comfortable in all of them. Those hideous Bruno Magli Rullo Boots fit well in a 10 as well. So I'm wondering if somebody would know how Paciotti tends to run. I'm not ecstatic about his shoes or patent leather (though it is more convenient), but the double perforated monk strap look interests me. Thank You, Dan

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes are disgusting. I wouldn't buy either. Escpecialy the one from yoox.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crazy.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by qdogg29
Hey Guys,

I'm not enamored with them

Stop buying stuff you aren't enamored with

ccc123

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that they made more then one of those, I mean couldn't you tell after the first one, that a pair of them would just be a waste of mediocre material and time.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crass image, but felt it applied:

barf_boy556.jpg

qdogg29

Reaction score
Well, I figure it time for a nice pair of shoes. The second link I have there was posted out of disparagement..I would never touch those. Nor could I imagine anyone. You guys honestly think these shoes are nearly as hideous as the infamous Bruno Magli Boots?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Actually they're kinda nice for Paciottis. Usually these shoes have toe shapes that belong with the Leprechaun on Lucky Charms.

qdogg29

Reaction score
Yeah, yesterday I was purged (as the guy in the photo above is doing) of my interest in excessively pointy toes upon trying on a pair of Dolce and Gabbanas..looked better without a foot in them.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buckles are what make them horrid.
When I say horrid I mean like seeing Anne Hathaway naked, then seeing her empty her colostomy bag.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys honestly think these shoes are nearly as hideous as the infamous Bruno Magli Boots?

They are actually worse!

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patent leather, brogue, double monks?

What?

As for the second pair, they resemble the pickled herring my father used to eat out of a jar.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cesare Paciotti has a reputation for having excellent craftsmanship per his kind. Yet, does the construction of his shoes compare to similarly priced non-designer shoes? I would imagine it is a measure below. This would be my first expensive shoe purchase, and I'd like something that would last me a number of years without breaking down. I do a lot of city walking.

Have you even read a single post about shoes on this forum? You have a lot of learning to do...

The first ones are pretty bad, the second ones are absolutely vomit-inducingly awful, and they will both be pretty badly constructed compared to what you can get for the same price from other shoe-makers, you can almost get a pair of C&Js for what the first pair cost...

qdogg29

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
They are actually worse!
They may not be your cup of tea, but these are not as bad as the Maglis
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Have you even read a single post about shoes on this forum? You have a lot of learning to do... The first ones are pretty bad, the second ones are absolutely vomit-inducingly awful, and they will both be pretty badly constructed compared to what you can get for the same price from other shoe-makers, you can almost get a pair of C&Js for what the first pair cost...
I've read the Paciotti posts here and on AskAndy and the quality of his shoes has been said to be superior to Prada and other big name Italian Designers. I may just get a pair of C&Js in the end, they have caught my eye for some time. I prefer their look to AE and Alden, even though I would like to support an American company.

sfo423

Reaction score
very ghetto.......the latter being total eastern euro trash specials

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads