• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Critique Pls: Mystery Charcoal Gray Suit

Ants

Reaction score
Alright guys, I realized I needed a suit for Thanksgiving weekend so I ran off to the Galleria to find one. Since I was pressed for time OTR was the only option. I checked out the following: RLBL: I'd need a 46S which doesn't exist. 44R looks awesome but bicep area is too restrictive BB 1818 Fitzgerald: Again, I'd need a 45S (which doesnt exist) or a 46S which ends up with a 41W pants (i'm a 36) Saks5th I checked out a couple HF suits no idea what model they were but the top would poof. So with 10 mins left of sunday shopping I just grabbed one out of rush...hopefully a skilled tailor can bring this suit into spec. These pics may be hard to tell but its a 42S 2btn solid charcoal suit. The lil dot at the bottom of the suit is my metal belt shining through. What do you think I need to have the tailor do when I take it in? (if you can even tell? sorry for the bad pics) I think after this event I'll be ordering a TaT suit. Thanks! Ants

Ants

Reaction score
well then...i guess I'm screwed...I'm 190 miles away from that Neiman now

penguin vic

Reaction score
Are you wearing your pants very low? - hard to tell from the first pic. The lapels are disproportionately skinny compared to the rest of the suit and you.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think he is just wearing his pants unusually low, which is why people are saying he should get a regular.

Ants

Reaction score
I think I'll go to the tailor tomorrow and see what he says. I need to let the pants out an inch or so...so they can sit higher.

I think my thumbs come in right near the bottom of the jacket.

dk123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
i think he is just wearing his pants unusually low, which is why people are saying he should get a regular.

Could be, but that jacket looks awfully short.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all it's hard to tell the pants without shoes on weither or not they are a good lenght. The jacket seems a bit long, you might want to try a short vs a regular. I do think you have the right size as far as the body adn shoulders go.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dk123
Could be, but that jacket looks awfully short.

i know it's not always a good indicator, but the jacket length ends at the last thumb knuckle, which generally is your crotch height. i'm guessing his heftiness makes it a bit harder to tell exactly just how short the jacket is, and how low he is wearing his pants.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40