• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique Please - New Indochino Suit

andrewm1

Reaction score
Hi, Just got a new Indochino suit (first one in a while) and I'm curious to know what people think of it. I'm planning on ordering a few more in the next little while, so any comments on what I could change would be appreciated. I know it needs pressing, and please ignore the shirt and tie - shirt's not really designed to be worn with a tie, and it was just the first tie I had at hand when I got home. (EDIT: The shoes are awful as well, I know; they're an old pair that's falling apart, but my good ones were left at the office). Also, the picture quality's not exactly stellar, but I only had an older camera on hand - I can get better ones if anyone thinks it'll help them comment. Thanks, Andrew Pictures:
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Horrible shoes!!!

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket needs a good pressing but the fit seems to be ok.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pants are far to long and your shoes make me want to ralph

andrewm1

Reaction score
I should've mentioned - those are my old pair of shoes. It's not particularly visible in the photos, but the top has actually separated from the sole. I just didn't have my good pair on me (they're at the office). So, no need to tell me that they're not exactly stylish
tounge.gif
Fair point on the pants length though - I'll likely get them shortened when I get the next few. Anything else that I might do?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrewm1
Fair point on the pants length though - I'll likely get them shortened when I get the next few. Anything else that I might do?

It looks good. All it needs is shorter trousers, and that's the easiest and cheapest possible modification. Nice going.

Seriously, though, don't ever wear those shoes again for any reason. Burn them with high heat.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Really guys?

The pants are way too long, the skirt opens as it is too tight across the lower back, you are getting a collar roll (the bunching of the fabric below your collar) as they have cut the back too "round" for your more erect postures, the sleeveheads are finished horribly and the sleeves themselves are attached improperly causing the arms to look as if they are twisted.

I realize that this is strictly an online suit. I'm not sure of the price point and as such can't comment on whether the quality of this is relevant or not. But then again this is all just what I see.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Really guys?

The pants are way too long, the skirt opens as it is too tight across the lower back, you are getting a collar roll (the bunching of the fabric below your collar) as they have cut the back too "round" for your more erect postures, the sleeveheads are finished horribly and the sleeves themselves are attached improperly causing the arms to look as if they are twisted.

I realize that this is strictly an online suit. I'm not sure of the price point and as such can't comment on whether the quality of this is relevant or not. But then again this is all just what I see.

^ Most of what he said. No clue how ppl here are ok w/ this suit.

laphroaig

Reaction score
^^^ That is a bit extreme based on some blurry photos. He's obviously standing to attention in those photos as everyone in these tends to do. The sleeves are a little short but the shirt cuffs are tight enough and shirt sleeves short enough that it doesn't matter much. The collar roll is absolutely minimal, again probably more to do with stance than anything. Sleeve rotation may be a little off but again unnatural stance could account for that. The jacket length looks good but the trousers need to be taken up.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Some people may say that your pants are too long, but I think they are fine because they will look okay when you sit.

Overall, you look great on this suit!

Nadim

Reaction score
Sleeves too short
Too tight around your belly
Pants too long

But overall it's not bad at all for an Indochino suit!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads