• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique of MyTailor shirt

DrPat

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think of the fit of this MyTailor shirt. I was measured by one of their tailors. In my opinion, the distance between the shoulders could be a 0.5 inches narrower but otherwise it seems ok.

mytailor_blue_front.jpg

mytailor_blue_back.jpg

mytailor_blue_side_8578.jpg

mytailor_blue_front2.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
In my opinion, the distance between the shoulders could be a 0.5 inches narrower but otherwise it seems ok.
I agree with your assessment, although in some of the pix (but not all) it also looks as if the sleeves could stand to be just a bit longer.

If this is the first shirt you've ordered from them, jump for joy. Your next one should be perfect.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We need a video of you doing jumping jacks to judge the fit.

litho

Reaction score
i think the sleeves look too baggy/long and the cuff looks loose

also behind shoulders looks loose

litho

Reaction score
ps don't like the pocket

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Launder it a few times before judging -- mine shrank up a bit. And, no pocket on your next shirts.

Twotone

DrPat

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's my first shirt and it's been washed 3 times. I got a pocket because I mostly wear it in a casual setting without a jacket. I'll see what I can do about the jumping jacks video.

blackrover

Reaction score
You need more chest and less belly. If you workout in the gym the shirt would look A LOT BETTER!!! Not trying to be a dick because I was fat and out of shape. Now after only 2 months of working out everything looks better, I have about 4 more months and everything will look perfect.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover
You need more chest and less belly. If you workout in the gym the shirt would look A LOT BETTER!!! Not trying to be a dick because I was fat and out of shape. Now after only 2 months of working out everything looks better, I have about 4 more months and everything will look perfect.

Way to critique others and brag that you are no longer like that! I hope that made you feel better about yourself because I assure you no one else stands to benefit from your comment
plain.gif

blackrover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Way to critique others and brag that you are no longer like that! I hope that made you feel better about yourself because I assure you no one else stands to benefit from your comment
plain.gif

Truth hurts sorry. If you want things to fit better and look good get in shape it much easier. I give you 2 months to see a BIG change. I say put some your shopping money into a gym membership and you might find that happiness you're looking for.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=110067661
This guy is 34 and was way out of shape and in 6 short months... well the pics speak for themselves!
How do you think he feels when he tries on new clothes now versus when he was out of shape? How do you think his wife response to him now versus before, then you have colleges at work, clients etc...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113690821
One more because this transformation has to be seen. Single guy, so how do you think women respond to him versus his old self? How do you think his clothes fit?

I'm not bragging because after going from fat to fit and still on the journey I understand everyone starts somewhere, but if you never start you never change.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover

I am 5'11'' and weigh around 155 lbs. My main physical activity is running. I used to run competitively and still run an hour a day 5 to 6 days per week. It's true my chest is small but I am nowhere near fat and not out of shape. It is very difficult for me to gain muscle mass. While competing, I used to lift 3x per week and, while I got stronger, there was no change in my chest size.

Self improvement is always good and I hope your weight loss continues. Just realize that there are biological constraints for everyone. I will never have big muscles and you, most likely, will never run a 5k in 15:30.

Reckoner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
i think the sleeves look too baggy/long and the cuff looks loose also behind shoulders looks loose
it depends what style you're after ... if you like it baggy it looks okay ... the sleeves should just fall below your wrist ... it's best to have some fold on the arm sleeves, so that when you wear your suit you show some cuff ... your tailor should be able to make the cuff tight ... so that it doesn't fall down below your wrist. Otherwise if you're looking for a more tight fit, in the sense of slim ... then maybe the arm sleeve holes are a bit big ... and your tailor could tighten the circumference length around your arms and take the waist of the shirt in a bit more ...

DrPat

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I'll try to implement the following in the next shirt:
Armhole higher
Shoulders slightly narrower
No pocket
Sleeves less baggy
Narrower waist

I think my sleeves were riding up in the pics above. Here is another one with the right cuff unbuttoned.
mytailor_blue_front3.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads