• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique Needed on New Custom Jacket

SlamMan

Reaction score
I'm looking for some feedback on my new jacket. Particularly on the arm holes. The arm holes are higher than any of my other stuff. Does it look like I could get away with higher and tighter though? Could I get them so high so that they might just hit my underarms and would that give me some more freedom of movement?

Any other feedback welcome too. It looks like the back of the arms could be cleaned up. I'll have to see what can be done about that. Looks like a sleeve pitch issue though.

Excuse the wrinkles.

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
Shoulders are too wide.

women dig men with broad shoulders and bright plaids.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your sleeve is missing a button.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
Shoulders are too wide.
If anything I think the point to point may be a hair to narrow based on how my upper arms are protruding slightly.
Originally Posted by yfyf
That's a pretty crazy fabric. I do like it though. Who makes it? It looks a bit tight through the arms and the shoulders are wide but maybe that's what you were going for?
Thanks. The fabric is Dormeuil, Kirgyz White. The fabric is amazing and the pics just don't do it justice. It's mostly green with a navy under tone and the raspberry and lighter blue window panes. I'm uploading some detail shots now. The arms are a bit tight. I wanted them taken in a touch from the last jacket but I think we went a bit too far. I think they may be making the shoulders look too wide.
Originally Posted by Zenny
Your sleeve is missing a button.
That's my homage to yfyf. Here's a shot of the first jacket I got which actually has slightly wider shoulders for reference.
DSC_0174-1.jpg

SlamMan

Reaction score
DSC_0158.jpg
DSC_0162.jpg
DSC_0163.jpg

SlamMan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the arm holes guys?

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan
That's my homage to yfyf.
I saw it but kept my mouth shut
smile.gif
The armholes seem fine, I think you could do with a fuller sleeve and the line across the shoulders is a bit messy. Who's the tailor?

SlamMan

Reaction score
I saw it but kept my mouth shut
smile.gif

The armholes seem fine, I think you could do with a fuller sleeve. Who's the tailor?

I think I agree. I'll have to let them out a touch next time around.

It's Evan DeLaney. www.evandelaney.com Highly recommended if you're in AZ or CO.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
shoulders are too tight.

What measurement exactly?

The line across the shoulders is a bit messy.

Are you referring to the pattern matching?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads