• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my prom outfit~ (pics)

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Your parents are Asian, that sort of hyperbolic reaction is expected.
haha. i can testicle to that. er sorry, i meant testify, man.

sherwin

Reaction score
"Suction testicle man?" What are you in high school or something?.

Yes he is, I believe his asking for critique of his prom outfit gave that away.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sherwin
Yes he is, I believe his asking for critique of his prom outfit gave that away.

sarcasm sherwin. sarcasm.

datasupa

Reaction score
dammit. i clicked on this thinking it was about suction testicle man's pr0n outfit. disappointing.

norton

Reaction score
Your parents are Asian, that sort of hyperbolic reaction is expected.

My wife is asian and I had to explain to my teenage sons that when mom buys them clothes the priorities are:
1. Price
2. Price
3. Fit

and when I buy them clothes the priorities are:
1. Fit
2. style
3. price

I'm trying to train them how to buy their own clothes, but they're not very interested in my opinion, or mom's for that matter.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^With Conne being the exception, the only opinions teenage kids rely on are those of their peers, and to the extent they have any, their own.

Shraka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suction testicle man
thanks for the suggestions guys; i had a talk with my parents, they seem to think that altering the jacket in any way will destroy it
confused.gif

Heh heh. Parents can be strange sometimes can't they? Put it to them this way: The person you'll be taking your suit to to get it altered probably has more experience and is payed more than the person who originally sewed your suit together. As long as you're just getting the pants taken in, the arms and the legs shortened, it's all easy stuff that would be hard to stuff up.
Originally Posted by norton
My wife is asian and I had to explain to my teenage sons that when mom buys them clothes the priorities are...
Ha ha! Yeah I understand that. My girlfriend is Chinese, and her priorities are similar, 'cept it's price, price, comfort for her. Her mother, father, and step mother's priority all have price at the top there too.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^With Conne being the exception, the only opinions teenage kids rely on are those of their peers, and to the extent they have any, their own.

this is where homeschooling comes in (becoming more prevalent these days anyway), add that to a weekly dressing up for church, and they're golden!

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm uncomfortable responding to someone named suction testicle.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suction testicle man
promka4.jpg

Since we've covered this particular question pretty well (along with some tangents), let me make a suggestion for your *next* suit, or at least jacket. This one looks a bit big across the shoulders, so try something a size down. And/or, look for soft-shouldered jackets with less padding and the "NFL linebacker" look. The shoulders on this particular jacket stick out past yours such that the sleeves kinda taper in along your arms giving you this sort of )( look along your arms. Or maybe it's just the way your standing. I can't tell for sure in this pic, but something to consider.

RiStar

Reaction score
Don't know if it was already mentioned or not but you could accessorize the suit with a flower (either get it at a local florist or find some flowers online service) and maybe change the color of the tie. To me it looks like you are going to a funeral and trust me the prom isn't one.
smile.gif

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay grandad.
musicboohoo[1].gif

I can count myself, when I was a teenager, as a living example that your generalization is just that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads