• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my jean fit!

aaguirre

Reaction score
i've posted in the Ultimate Jean Help thread, but nobody responded, just want some input on it:

pc180410rc8.jpg

pc180409ol7.jpg

pc180408yl0.jpg

I'm 6'2, 175.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of thigh flare, they look ok, nothing special.

aaguirre

Reaction score
so should i go tighter? any jeans you'd recommend?

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put some shoes on. Its near impossible to critique your fit without them. Seems to look ok, but that may depend on the shoe.

spax

Reaction score
yeah, it looks like you could've sized down one size. they don't look bad though.

pydbl

Reaction score
they look really baggy around your butt. maybe you need to size down? are they loose on your waist?

Theory

Reaction score
Yup. Wear shoes first of all.

Thigh flares are brutal.

You need to size down or find a new brand/cut. That fit is not good from what I can see.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
It might be helpful to us if you posted what brand/cut your jeans are and what the tagged size is. Otherwise, I'd agree that they are too big and that you should have sized down at least one size.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think it help if you said what brand and cut it is. so maybe we get a idea of what the inteded fit is supposed to be. i imagine those are dry at least and brand new right? dry denim changes form after wearing who knows they might look better after a few wears or maybe it was a brand that calls for a soak.

anyhow i don't think the fit looks bad a lot of people here are more towards really slim jeans. i don't have a problem with that i own a lot of slim pairs but i know its also good to have a couple of true straight legs too.

lets just hope it wasn't a brand that stretches out a lot.

aaguirre

Reaction score
thanks for the input.

these are home made jeans, btw. i'll get to those pics with my boots.

do these classify as boot cut?

aizan

Reaction score
you made them yourself? +1

way too loose around the hips, though.

mpcec

Reaction score
Next time just quote your old post in the denim thread... this doesn't deserve its own thread.

aaguirre

Reaction score
no i didn't make 'em, my friend did. just plain raw denim. its cheap, so yea.

brohymn

Reaction score
Pockets are too big and look like they're too big all around (problem with sizing). Too much hip flare (problem with the cut) and he might want to use heavier denim because it looks really flimsy.

More of a taper from the knee down would be more flattering, but that's just my preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads