• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my interview attire.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first day is business casual.
I've decided on wearing:
Trussini Blazer
Borrelli Orangish/yellow shirt
Martegani Antiqued shoes
Soft Collection brown belt

The ties are as follows:
Tino Cosma:
img02962ge.jpg

Ike Behar Paisley
img02995ed.jpg

Brioni purple stripe with yellow stripe
img03049cw.jpg

Dolce Punta
img03078hx.jpg

For the second day its business professional and i've opted for
Black Trussini suit with blue and grey pinstripes
Black Brooks brothers belt
White Finamore FC shirt
Black whole cut Magnannis

And the ties

Tino Cosma
img03112tu.jpg

Massimo Bizzochi green/purple
img03137wy.jpg

Italo Ferretti orange with blue stripe
img03140zh.jpg

one of the whole outfits
img03159tl.jpg

Tell me what ones you like or think work and anyother suggestions.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for the second day, I would go with the last outfit. for the first day, I, myself, would avoid the orange shirt.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you still in the clothing business?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just post that the job is for Nieman Marcus so i'm trying not to be too conservative with my outfits. I'm looking for something a bit more "stylish"

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Ike Behar Paisley and the Tino Cosma.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of the yellow shirt combos, my favorite is the first, by far. I'm with Globetrotter in that I'm not sure I'd wear it for an interview, but it does a nice job looking casual. The others strike me as too busy.

Of your other ties, I like the green Massimo Bizzochi.

Black suit, eh?
devil.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like look number two for the first day, but not sure it fits Neimans. Also, call me crazy, but try that purple Brioni tie with the second day's outfit. Not sure if it will look right actually put together, but I think it might work. I would also say that a tie with a lighter blue background for day two might work better, the ones you have seem to clash a bit.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wear pocket squares to job interviews. But then this is in the fashion industry, so you can be a bit more sartiorally visible.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm big on color as you can see i'm far from trad. As for pocket squares non the first day and the second day a white linen in a TV fold. As for look #2 being Nieman i bought the tie there so i hope its somewhat of their look

southbound35

Reaction score
I vote for the paisley on day one and the green/purple for day two. As I mentioned on your previous thread, I still think you would be fine without the tie on day one.

Of the day one choices: I think the orange Tino Cosma is a bit too geometric for a bold striped shirt. As for the stripes, I'm not sure there's enough difference in scale between the tie stripes and the shirt stripes. I like each of the ties, just not in love with them when paired with that shirt. Of the two stripes, I'd go with the Dolce Punta, as I think the Brioni creates too stark of a contrast. However, I think the paisley is more "fun", which coincides well with the business casual nature of this part of the interview.

Of the day two choices, I really like the Tino Cosma, but I think it's a bit busy with that jacket (would look great with a solid or a more traditional chalk/pinstripe). The Ferretti orange repp tie is a bit unimaginative for a Neiman's interview; also, I think the scale of the stripes on the tie are a bit too similar to the pinstripes of the jacket. As an aside, you'd likely be referred to as "the orange guy" if you wore the orange-ish shirt/tie combo on day one and another orange tie on day two. The green/purple tie by itself is a bit conservative, but I think it contrasts very nicely with the more bold pattern of the suit.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything really helpful to add, but I love that shirt. It'd be a perfect going-out/clubbing shirt.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Also, call me crazy, but try that purple Brioni tie with the second day's outfit. Not sure if it will look right actually put together, but I think it might work.
CRAZY. But in a good way.

Yes, demeis, let's see the Brioni tie with the suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads