1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Critique my interview attire.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt Senior member

You have a mannequin in your dorm room?
    i was wondering why he had a headless roommate, but i guess your suggestion makes more sense

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

i was wondering why he had a headless roommate, but i guess your suggestion makes more sense

That would mean he gets an "A" in all his classes, wouldn't it?

3. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Are ALL of the suits in the background YOURS? And you are a COLLEGE student? You must be the best-dressed undergrad in America.

4. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

[​IMG]
    Love it, really, but I think the comination of stripes might be too busy for an interview.

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Question: Don't you run the risk of being one of very few wearing a tie at all on day #1? The orangey Borrelli shirt makes enough of a splash, I think. If you're wearing a tie the first day, I really like the last (Dolce Punta) tie.

Then again, I know too little about the interview situation, and American business culture.

6. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I'd go with paisley for the first (fuck it, it's springtime), and stripe for the second. That last outfit seems pretty well put together though. And is that a morning stripe used for a suit? [​IMG]

7. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

HAHAHA

Day 1: Maybe you *could* go tieless, but what fun would that be? The shade of orange in the Behar paisley is the best complement. I'd wear the purple Brioni in a non business environment, even fashion business. The Dolce Punta sends a very slick vibe, also probably not for interviewing.

Day 2: The green Bizzochi is safest, pink Cosma most "correct." I'd go with Cosma first, Brioni second. I really, really like that Brioni tie.

Tom

8. joseanes

joseanes Senior member

I love the orange shirt, but not for an interview.
    Will be looking now for one.

9. demeis

demeis Senior member

Are ALL of the suits in the background YOURS? And you are a COLLEGE student? You must be the best-dressed undergrad in America.

Yep all mine. 8 Suits in total and 2 sport jackets, 4 trousers, once we get to my ties, shoes and Shirts its a different story. Some students spend their money on beer, i'd rather buy clothes. And yes i have a mannequin in my room, i mean who doesn't?

10. DGP

DGP Senior member

Heres the purple brioni, i've worn it before but thought it would work better with the first outfit. Let me know wha tyou think

[​IMG]

Sorry about the background, gross college students during finals, or rapidly approaching finals but spending way to much time on this forum!

Personally, I really, really like the way this works, and not because I suggested it. None of the original ties do enough to match the stripe in the suit, or to be a contrast to it. Not sure if the pics distort the color at all, but that green tie looks like you've tried to come as close as you could to finding a blue (it's that sort of icy tone in the tie) to match the suit, but didn't have one. I think the green would be better with that suit if you were also wearing a light blue shirt. But on white, it is too noticable when contrasted to the suit, but is not loud enough to warrant being that noticable, if you know what I mean. The Brioni just stands out, it does so in a way I think one would see at Neimans, and it doesn't clash with anything. I also think that the most important thing regarding your tie is how you tie it, honestly. I've seen far too many people who just cant get the darn things tied perfectly, and it really, really shows. JMHO.

11. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

I like the paisley tie on day one.

As for wearing a tie on the casual day, I'd tell them: "I saw an opportunity to dress well, and I took advantage of it."

As I implied on my earlier responses to the other thread: you're interviewing them too; if they're so tight-assed that they'd knock you down a peg for wearing a tie, you need to know that on the way in, or to weigh this offer against other offers.

You do know that you will be far and away the best-dressed person there, right?

12. demeis

demeis Senior member

I like the paisley tie on day one.

As for wearing a tie on the casual day, I'd tell them: "I saw an opportunity to dress well, and I took advantage of it."

As I implied on my earlier responses to the other thread: you're interviewing them too; if they're so tight-assed that they'd knock you down a peg for wearing a tie, you need to know that on the way in, or to weigh this offer against other offers.

You do know that you will be far and away the best-dressed person there, right?

I love to dress up so when i can i do. Also on talking to my career services department they recommended a blue shirt, tie, and blazer with dark pants. So i'm kind of going with that but with my own flair. As for being the dress person there thanks for the complement but i have you guys to thank for helping me dress for the last year+.

Oh and when i chose my outfit i'll let you guys knows, and its funny my GF really likes the brioni with outfit one and the massimo with 2, and really doesn't like the paisley, i might be buying a new paisly orange with green, lavender, and white in it tommarow, but thinking on the paisely and brioni right now.

13. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Dumb question - but how are any of the options "business casual"?