• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique My First Indochino Suit REMAKE.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want an honest opinion, it looks pretty bad. The whole point of going MTM is to have something that fits your body type and this looks like a bad OTR suit that doesn't fit. Sorry man, I say go for another remake. Shorten pants, let them out in the rear, lengthen the jacket 1.5-2" and you might be somewhere

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the length of the jacket is the least of your worries. the suit is pretty bad IMHO. Sleeves are off, the back is not clean at all, shoulders dont seem to even line up right, pants are too tight and the list goes on.

I think you should chalk this down as a loss - dont pour more money into it.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
can't stop looking at the shoes... you seriously needa change 'em.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the jacket length is fine (in relation to your arms), it's just that you're wearing your pants low... overall thoughts? Meh, it's passable, as in "well, it's a suit". you look like a fairly slim guy, but that suit makes you look fat.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
If there is a way for you to get them to lengthen the jacket, I think you'll be set with this suit. Congrats on taking this step.
no can do! remake.

webs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
Short and boxy never looks good.
butbut.gif

Originally Posted by Butter
You really need a more fitted shirt too. Get it tapered or custom fit one

really? darn... and this shirt is a custom shirt from indochino!

Originally Posted by cioni2k
If you want an honest opinion, it looks pretty bad. The whole point of going MTM is to have something that fits your body type and this looks like a bad OTR suit that doesn't fit. Sorry man, I say go for another remake. Shorten pants, let them out in the rear, lengthen the jacket 1.5-2" and you might be somewhere

Thanks for the honest opinion. I appreciate it. I'm no suit expert or pretend to be one.
That's why I look for styleforum for help!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
the length of the jacket is the least of your worries. the suit is pretty bad IMHO. Sleeves are off, the back is not clean at all, shoulders dont seem to even line up right, pants are too tight and the list goes on.

I think you should chalk this down as a loss - dont pour more money into it.

What is wrong with the sleeves? Are the shoulders still too wide?
Fortunately remakes are free. and I am in no rush. Please list!

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I think the jacket length is fine (in relation to your arms), it's just that you're wearing your pants low... overall thoughts? Meh, it's passable, as in "well, it's a suit". you look like a fairly slim guy, but that suit makes you look fat.

I'm not extremely slim. I have a bigger frame.
Maybe it's because I have big legs (thighs) that it makes things look strange?

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
You really need a more fitted shirt too. Get it tapered or custom fit one

Originally Posted by webs
really? darn... and this shirt is a custom shirt from indochino!

The shirt isn't horrible. The sleeves do appear to be a bit long (notice the fabric bunching near the cuffs) and the sides could be taken in slightly. I'd wash and dry the shirt a few times, then see how it fits. I think, with a bit of tweaking on the measurements, you'd be fine.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suggest wearing the jacket and pants seperately.

And upgrade the belt as well.

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
I think the jacket length is fine (in relation to your arms), it's just that you're wearing your pants low...
No, that jacket is way too short. It's nearly impossible to look at the jacket and say that the jacket length is fine. And where is he wearing his pants is actually fine. It was the prior suit where he was wearing them really low like a douche.
you look like a fairly slim guy, but that suit makes you look fat.
He doesn't really look slim to me at all. More like stocky and athletic, but not slim.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am NEVER posting a critique request on here. You folks are brutal!
laugh.gif

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks much much better comparing to the previous one.
But still not good enough.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to post a picture of myself in assless chaps and tell you people to critique it. I'll probably do better than this poor guy...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan-27
He doesn't really look slim to me at all. More like stocky and athletic, but not slim.
It's his side profile without the jacket that made me think he was relatively thin. From the front though, maybe he's more stocky. anyway, I don't think the jacket shape helps whatsoever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads