• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique My First Indochino Suit REMAKE part 2!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not that bad. More than wearable.
I have seen much much worse.
I would get the pants tapered and not worry about the other problems.

Edit- Though, I suggest you don't buy from Indochino again.

jbharris88

Reaction score
First of all, I've ordered several suits from Indochino and seen several on here, but this is one of the poorest showings yet, and I'm not sure I'd blame it on the company.

The pants are way too baggy - too long and too loose in the waist. In fact, the pants are not sitting anywhere near your waist and there is a TON of room in the waist itself as seen by the bunching. This really surprises me b/c Indochino pants are cut tight and typically tapered pretty good so this leads me to believe that you are making severe measurement errors. Edit: You should have kept the old pants and had the seat taken out, they fit MUCH better.

Is that a french cuff shirt or do you just have the sleeves folded up? If french cuffed, where are your cuff links? I can't tell much more b/c the pic is way too overexposed. Also, where are your shoes?

The jacket...
facepalm.gif
The problem with the suit jacket is obvious to everyone. The shoulders are awful. Typically you see trouble towards the edge of the shoulders, but for you it is lumpy at your neck. I don't know why? Perhaps the measurement is way too much. I don't think it is based on your input for posture or shoulder slope. Also the proportions are bad. B/C you have huge armholes, the arm starts too low and it makes your arms look short and stubby. I have short arms and this is a huge problem for me too.

Trust me, I know how frustrating this can be, but this is a big fail and you may be better off going OTR or trying MTM where they can measure you in person. That is unless you failed to measure yourself properly the 1st time? Did you do it yourself?

webs

Reaction score
Is it fixable?? Can a tailor fix it reasonably?

Here is a closer look. I quickly steamed it to try to take out the creases from shipping.

closeup02back.jpg

The there a folds at the top of the back, behind the shoulders. This might be causing the shoulders to look weird?

closeup01left.jpg
closeup03right.jpg

There is maybe a little more fabric right under the armpits that you can see bunching up.

remakefrontfull.jpg

remake2fullbackt.jpg

Why does the tail flare out like that?

I hope these are things a tailor can fix. Can they?

There is a $75 alterations credit towards tailoring.
At the last resort... another remake... *sigh*

LorenzL

Reaction score
that's the second remake you say? something is indeed very off with the whole thing - it looks like a suit 2 sizes too big, at least the pants. The shoulders are indeed bad too. Is there someone who could measure you again - the measurements might be really off in several places!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
wear it on a rainy day!

it is awful. what kind of fabric is that?

are the shirt cuffs really big or are the jacket sleeves really narrow.
you have very square shoulders with high blades
you also look for tense in these photos the way you are holding your arms out.

spend the money and have a suit made where someone who knows what they are doing will take proper measurements.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the OP...

I think you should really buy an RTW suit and have it tailored to fit you rather than going back to Indochino to have it altered.

At this point, I suggest wearing the jacket and pants seperately as casual wear.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
To the OP...

I think you should really buy an RTW suit and have it tailored to fit you rather than going back to Indochino to have it altered.

At this point, I suggest wearing the jacket and pants seperately as casual wear.

+1

I don't understand the allure of 'made to measure on another continent by someone who's never seen you' over 'OTR fitted by a competent tailor.'

Weich77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
To the OP...

better

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
+1

I don't understand the allure of 'made to measure on another continent by someone who's never seen you' over 'OTR fitted by a competent tailor.'

It's totally pointless. Especially since most of these suits come out worse than OTR suits *not* taken to a tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads