• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my first indochino.com suit

mynewsuit

Reaction score
Hi all,
First indochino suit. I had them use the teachers brown blazer fabric to make a three piece. Surprisingly it seems to fit pretty well. Any comments on adjustments are much appreciated! btw, suit hasn't been pressed yet and they forgot the ticket pocket.

Thanks!

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
I am not an expert. From my first look though, it appears to be too big in the chest, shoulders and arms. It also appears too big in the seat. All stuff that can be tailored fairly easily, I would assume.

I like the fabric.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
To me, it appears to be too large in the shoulders and chest; I'm not sure how much can be fixed at a tailor. Also, is your right arm shorter than your left? That might be something you also want fixed, as I can't see any cuff.

Reckoner

Reaction score
Looks nice overall.
However I would agree that it's not a tight fit around the chest and shoulder area.
But overall if you were walking in the street I don't think you could pick it up.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about you take a shot with the top button unbuttoned. It looks like a 2/3 Roll, not a real 3 buttoner. I really can't tell how that jacket fits with that photo.

Mike

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spitfirees20
To me, it appears to be too large in the shoulders and chest; I'm not sure how much can be fixed at a tailor. Also, is your right arm shorter than your left? That might be something you also want fixed, as I can't see any cuff.

It looks like his right shoulder slopes down a little more than the left - pretty common if you do any heavy lifting. Also, imo - the shirt looks a little baggy to me.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoNothingGuy
It also appears too big in the seat

Assume you must be joking.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too tight in the seat and front of pants (you can see your junk).

agree with what others have said about the jacket.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the front, it looks like the chest too big, but the profile view it looks alright. So I would say the shoulders are a little too wide. You need to unbutton the top button as well, you need to be able to see your waistcoat. Luckily Indochino should cover your alterations.

JG000

Reaction score
Doesn't really fit you well at all sorry to say. Kinda looks OTR (at best).

Interesting that you commisioned a suit from that blazer fabric. I didn't know they did that. Why did you request 3-button?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems generally a tad too big - as if they were trying too hard to avoid something that was too small.

Take it to tailor but prepared for general changes - then don't buy another one from this sweat shop.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Jacket looks acceptable. A tad large in the chest and shoulders perhaps, but a better fit than many OTR options. Those pants, however, are WAY too tight. If they don't have any room to let out (so they're not riding up your crack and showing off your junk), I wouldn't wear the suit unless I wasn't planning on taking off the jacket.

mynewsuit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maccimus
+1

Thanks for the comments. Funny how in a thread about custom suits anyone would be ignorant enough to bring up sweatshops. If you're that concerned about sweatshops maybe you shouldn't be buying posh custom clothes and instead donate to third world causes. jeesh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads