• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my dior 19cm mij fit

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not tall enough for Dior. If you aren't 6' tall, don't bother. You need to be 6' and under 155 for 19cm and under 170 for 21cm.

Are you guys gay? Why would you want your jeans to be that tight? To the OP, I'd size up.

What does homosexuality have to do with tight jeans?

Orange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arnach
Are you guys gay? Why would you want your jeans to be that tight? To the OP, I'd size up.

You really shouldn't comment if you've never owned diors. That's like telling people to get their true size in APCs. The jeans are very similar to APC and will stretch at least 2 inches in the waist.

You're not tall enough for Dior. If you aren't 6' tall, don't bother. You need to be 6' and under 155 for 19cm and under 170 for 21cm.
19cm diors generally look better on people with a smaller waist < 32 waist and a slim build. Your height and weight numbers are meaningless. The inseam is long for stacking and you could always hem them if there is too much stack.

brohymn

Reaction score
Looks like you sized them right. You're not really built for 19cms it looks like (at least to have them fit like they are supposed to). Don't size up and don't buy 21cms. It's up to you whether or not you want you like your 19cm fit. Personally I think they look all right, but for $300+ they should look ******* on point.

Seriously though, stop beasting over Diors. There are many jeans out there that cost less and will look better on you. The only reason they were so popular is because of a fit that it doesn't seem like you'll be able to pull off anyways.

remn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brohymn
Looks like you sized them right. You're not really built for 19cms it looks like (at least to have them fit like they are supposed to).

jc, what would constitute a dior build?

Personally I think they look all right, but for $300+ they should look ******* on point.
Agreed.

Seriously though, stop beasting over Diors. There are many jeans out there that cost less and will look better on you. The only reason they were so popular is because of a fit that it doesn't seem like you'll be able to pull off anyways.
Yeah exactly. I bought them for the fit, and if there's a high chance it's not going to be bomb, I'm not sure I'm willing to take a $300 risk to find out if they will over time. Any recs for other denims?

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are one or two sizes too small.

I've never understood the appeal of Dior's cut (is it just the anti-fit?), so I don't have suggestions for other similar jeans.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orange
19cm diors generally look better on people with a smaller waist < 32 waist and a slim build. Your height and weight are meaningless.

People that are tall and weigh very little ARE slim.

Orange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
People that are tall and weigh very little ARE slim.

But I never said tall in my post; you said it. I said you could hem them if the jeans are too long.

brohymn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by remn
jc, what would constitute a dior build?
I don't want to come off as an authoritarian on this **** or anything, but I think that it would look something like this:
1-6-1.jpg
3-4-1.jpg
(not talking about the fit, but his build. Basically a skinny, lanky dude). Even though I hate Kodiak I think his Dior fit is pretty damn good.
Yeah exactly. I bought them for the fit, and if there's a high chance it's not going to be bomb, I'm not sure I'm willing to take a $300 risk to find out if they will over time. Any recs for other denims?
I'll let someone else more knowledgeable field that question. Just FYI i've owned and re-sold 4 different pairs of Diors before coming to the realization that I was being an idiot and beasting over Diors. All I wanted was to look like the dudes on sufu
frown.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought this was how they're supposed to fit. (these are diors right?)
marc_jacobs_page_1_image_0001.jpg

remn

Reaction score
I guess I could stop lifting, stop eating, and grow 4 inches.

nah (not that I could grow 4 inches if I wanted to).

mongo615

Reaction score
I'm a 21cm fan--never understood the 19cm thing. They don't look bad, but I'd size up, if you want to sag.

8bpc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why

I'm wondering, in addition to lanky... what would be the maximum circumference of ones thighs that would work for a proper Dior fit?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
There isn't a magic number. The only key is be slim. Diors look best on slim people. You know if you're slim or not. Saying &quot;athletic&quot;, &quot;muscle&quot;, or &quot;average&quot; build doesn't cut it. If you're not a slim guy, pick a new jean unless you want them to be real tight on you.

8bpc

Reaction score
I ask because you have slim people with pencil legs and slim people with legs that taper from the thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads