• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique Blazer Fit

wqvong

Reaction score
Critique my blazer fit. I know the sleeve has to be shorten but is there any way for the pockets to move up? Do you think i should get functional button holes?
IMG_7494.JPG
IMG_7493.JPG
IMG_7483.JPG
IMG_7484.JPG
IMG_7485.JPG
IMG_7487.JPG
IMG_7490.JPG
IMG_7491.JPG
IMG_7492.JPG

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit, pics are not huge anymore. From what I can see, the fit looks ok. You can't really get functional buttonholes on a jacket like that because the sleeves did not come basted. I think the main issue is that it's too long. It's an R, and you need an S, or it's an L, and you need an R. It's a matter of personal taste, but it would help if you put on a dress shirt and put on the pants with which you intend to wear it.

It also looks pretty baggy, and is perhaps a size or two too big. Either that, or it definitely needs waist suppression.

Also, do you have both buttons done up???

Also, are you talking about shortening the bottom of the jacket when you reference the pockets? Only patch pockets can be moved up, flapped ones cannot. If you try to shorten that coat it will really throw off the balance- it is also an expensive operation.

BABuckeye

Reaction score
Its too big. Go down in size and length. For example, if it's a 42L, then get a 40R.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon

It also looks pretty baggy, and is perhaps a size or two too big. Either that, or it definitely needs waist suppression.

There is plenty of waste suppression. The jacket is simply too large and too long.

cgo

Reaction score
wrong size blazer for you...period

Charles55

Reaction score
Wrong size, get a smaller one. Otherwise you have to much tailorwork and NO, you can not move the pockets up. How should that work? You need a regular size (R), this is IMO long (L). Try to change it, it's still tagged.

And iron your pants, otherwise the blazer is useless...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes a length too long and a size too big.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return it, or sell it.
It will never work on you.
The amount you would pay a tailor to maybe improve it would not be worth it.

litho

Reaction score
i know it's a joke thread, so i'm not going to bite the bait

us3r123

Reaction score
I have a question, I do not know how a blazer is supposed to look (where the pockets should be, where the bottom of the jacket should line up) with respect to your body and pants. Could somebody give some pointers on how to tell if a blazer fits correctly???

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by us3r123
I have a question, I do not know how a blazer is supposed to look (where the pockets should be, where the bottom of the jacket should line up) with respect to your body and pants. Could somebody give some pointers on how to tell if a blazer fits correctly???

Summarizing thousands of posts on this forum; coat should cover your seat. How much it covers your seat is a matter of taste. Unless you've shortened or lengthened a coat, pockets are generally in the right place.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit long.
I don't think that you should go down a size.
The next size down may be too snug.
If the shoulders and chest fit stay with it.
Is it a Long? If so, go to a Regular.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads