• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crew or v-neck t-shirts?

Goblin

Reaction score
I'm picking up a load of AA basics shortly, and haven't decided how to concentrate the t-shirt portion of the order. For most of my life, I've worn crew t-shirts exclusively, but I'm starting to branch out into v-necks. I don't really know when and with which each style is appropriate.

Which do you prefer, crew or v-neck? Why? How does the rest of your outfit affect your choice?

Thanks!

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your facial structure ( shape ) and neck. Round face and short necked people should avoid crew neckline at at all cost.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For the chest-less like me, V-necks are pretty much for undershirt use only. That is, unless you want to look like the dudes in the AA ads.

If your chest has some depth, then it's different.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Depends on your facial structure ( shape ) and neck. Round face and short necked people should avoid crew neckline at at all cost.

+1

Also, if you have a longer, thinner face a v-neck will only make your face look longer (unless you wear something around your neck - scarf?)

Goblin

Reaction score
Well, this presents me with something of a dilemma, as I'm both thin and round-faced.
confused.gif

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crew is the safe choice - so if you're unsure, I'd go with that. If you want to mix it up, it wouldn't hurt to order a single grey v-neck.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1. Try the v-neck out on its own, and see if you like it. If not, wear it under button-up shirts.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't do v necks cuz of the man fur.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I don't do v necks cuz of the man fur.

I let it all hang out Selleck style. Chicks dig it.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer a hybrid: very narrow v-necks.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the AA v-necks are ******* deep. I have some BR v-necks that are pretty mild, they fit really well too. But I like both.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like the aa vnecks... so much that even tho the next run of cmf shirts will be crew, im having a v made special for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads