• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ someone mentioned to me that CDW might do a special order if 5 or 10 people want the bombers, and I imagine that this would put the cost around 1/2 to 2/3 of Rakuten territory all included. I'll send them an e-mail and see what they say. It would probably be hard to get a group together this late in the season but it would be good to know about for late summer/fall. I've gotta say the bomber is fire, at least as far as I can judge from the mini pics I've seen on Rakuten. Maybe I can get them to send some better pictures too. I'll keep the thread posted once I hear anything.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yep, only bomber pics I've seen were on rakuten but I did try on a 60/40 version sample about 6 months ago, I think it was a medium (I am 39-40 ches btw) and fit pretty well. I do prefer the streakfree for this particular jacket but it's all about what you like. I don't know yet but post up the info once you find out from anne.

SLAB

Reaction score
just checked the pictures myself on rakuten and I have to say I'm really digging that bomber down jacket. What would be the estimated price if special ordered? 200-400$ range?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
^ someone mentioned to me that CDW might do a special order if 5 or 10 people want the bombers, and I imagine that this would put the cost around 1/2 to 2/3 of Rakuten territory all included. I'll send them an e-mail and see what they say. It would probably be hard to get a group together this late in the season but it would be good to know about for late summer/fall. I've gotta say the bomber is fire, at least as far as I can judge from the mini pics I've seen on Rakuten. Maybe I can get them to send some better pictures too. I'll keep the thread posted once I hear anything.

I'll be in on the bomber depending on the price.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you New yorkers, I was in the LES the other day and I went into a wandered into a shop that happened to carry Crescent Down Works. They had down tweed vests and some coats in small. I don't know the name but it's in a store in the middle of the block on 7th between 1st and A.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any definitive word on the vest sizes at South Willard?

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm guessing that the listed sizes reflect the standard 4" variation from the actual measurement. Call them up. I've heard mixed reports but I've found the staff very helpful when dealing with them over the phone.

Still waiting to hear back from CDW. It would be difficult to estimate the price but I think the savings would roughly amount to the proxy fees, import fees, and shipping difference.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody provide measurments on the 60/40 vest in size small or medium.
Not sure what size to get? How do they run?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which vest color do peeps like?

I already have a black North Face vest but might consider getting another black vest since most of my clothing is black.

I really like the navy but don't have a lot that matches although I am looking to build up my wardrobe in that dept.

The olive is cool for a change. What colors go best with olive? Black or navy or both?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy is the easiest of those three to match. Not sure what colors you have in your wardrobe that don't match with blues

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does black match with that blue vest?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes. Why wouldn't it

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
olive is usually the most versatile unless your wardobe is ninja but in your case id go navy

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SW needs to get a restock on those vest. I want that medium olive one!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had originally wanted the navy but now I am thinking of picking up the olive one.
It is versatile enough to with black, nay, and brown.

How many months of the year can you get away with wearing a vest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads