• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Talked to ryan today and he's got a bit of new cdw coming in.

Brown herringbone pendleton fabric was deadstock and n/a anymore. He does have a new navy pendleton wool vest and jacket that are coming in soon (dusty). Some new parkas along with another 60/40 goods he did a lot of for fall. Should arrive within a month or so I'm guessing.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Any idea how warm is their Down Parkas? Close to harsh weather ( Canada Goose )warm?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Talked to ryan today and he's got a bit of new cdw coming in.

Brown herringbone pendleton fabric was deadstock and n/a anymore. He does have a new navy pendleton wool vest and jacket that are coming in soon (dusty). Some new parkas along with another 60/40 goods he did a lot of for fall. Should arrive within a month or so I'm guessing.

Oooh sounds good!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Any idea how warm is their Down Parkas? Close to harsh weather ( Canada Goose )warm?

They have different fills, even the light one (forgot the ct.) was toasty as hell I started to sweat in the store. Never tried cg but I would pick this over that because the quality is insane and their **** is practical as ****.

Originally Posted by adamha21
Oooh sounds good!

Thought you might like that.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They have different fills, even the light one (forgot the ct.) was toasty as hell I started to sweat in the store. Never tried cg but I would pick this over that because the quality is insane and their **** is practical as ****.

Thought you might like that.

Oh absolutely--I know how legit CDW is.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much do their down jackets run around?

carpal

Reaction score
I emailed CDW about direct ordering today, here's the response:

> Our company is wholesale only however we can do retail if you know EXACTLY
> what you want. We are not available to answer questions about sizing and
> types of fabric. Our line is distributed throughout Japan and in Paris.
> Approximate prices are: down vests - $200 +, down Jackets $450 +.
> children's down parkas - $250+, children' down vests - $125 +, montagne - $360, down shirt - $350. Our sizes
>run small. If you are still interested, send us an email with your
> request, we will send you a proforma invoice which you return with
> shipping and billing information, your card is charged and we then make
> your garment. It takes about 2 - 3 weeks. Thank you for your interest in
> our company. Crescent Down Works STORES IN U.S. - SOUTH WILLARD L.A., DAVE'S QUALITY MEATS & STEVEN ALAN NYC
I'm not completely opposed to the idea of this. It is more expensive than in store, but I like the idea of being able to customize my jacket. Only problem is I have no idea what my options are (sizes, fabrics, colors) when ordering and they don't seem so keen on sharing.

Is there anybody who has ordered from them before that could advise?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carpal
I emailed CDW about direct ordering today, here's the response:

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of this. It is more expensive than in store, but I like the idea of being able to customize my jacket. Only problem is I have no idea what my options are (sizes, fabrics, colors) when ordering and they don't seem so keen on sharing.

Is there anybody who has ordered from them before that could advise?

What type of jacket were you looking for? There are other small companies/shops here in the US that do similar stuff as CDW but with more focus on the customer and not wholesale.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
FWIW, Last week Steven Alan on Franklin St. had four 60/40 parkas in stock, olive and khaki in size XS and S. They were only $240 and were not on sale.

carpal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
What type of jacket were you looking for? There are other small companies/shops here in the US that do similar stuff as CDW but with more focus on the customer and not wholesale.

I've been eyeing the 60/40 parka and the Italian vest.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Your only options are the swatches on the website nothing more.

carpal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Your only options are the swatches on the website nothing more.

Ah, this page. I actually missed that when browsing the site before. Do you know if there are restrictions about which fabrics can be used where?

sonicreducer

Reaction score
so i just went and checked out the CDW parka's at dave's quality meats and my first impression was that these things run HUGE. i asked to see a large, as that's what i wear in EG, WWM, J. Crew, etc. and the dude told me that i would need a medium. the medium was too big, but the small fit fine. i am 6'3" 195-200 lbs, btw.

the parka itself was nice. i understand that it's made in the USA, and that it has some nice little details, but i still found myself having a hard time wrapping my head around the $350 (after tax) price tag. if i run into some extra cash, i might grab one as i don't see these selling out anytime soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads