• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

nativebelle

Reaction score
didn't know those snaps were custom

appreciate you talking me into this jet

j.b.20002

Reaction score
Hmm...Am I missing something...20% off the full price if you're ordering from outside of the VAT zone plus another 20% off for the sale...it's not exactly 40% because the second discount comes after the VAT reduction, but it's damn near close to it and I prefer to round up anyway...

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know how accurate TBS is with their measurements. This is the measurement they gave me for a MED olive down shirt

Armpit to armpit: 50 centimetres
Armpt to cuff: 50 centimetres
Shoulder to shoulder: 43 centimetres
Collar and down: 70 centimetres

SW gave me a pit to pit of 22 inches for their medium.

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nativebelle
yeah the cord stays are great, the length is just right, proportions great. sucks that it's so much money (for me) but i guess you have to pay for outerwear, really can't see much competition against this anyway. all the patagonia, et al down stuff is half the price but definitely second rate. hard to find smart-looking down.

wait, this is what i hate about heritage wear. do you really think that outdoor brands are really second rate? patagonia, arc'teryx, et al? who the heck do you think wears crescent down works on mountains and all of that?

i could wear engineered garments from head to toe but when the weather gets tough, i would hardly consider any of these brands.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
wait, this is what i hate about heritage wear. do you really think that outdoor brands are really second rate? patagonia, arc'teryx, et al? who the heck do you think wears crescent down works on mountains and all of that?

i could wear engineered garments from head to toe but when the weather gets tough, i would hardly consider any of these brands.

lolwut? cdw is not a fashion brand they've been doing this for like 40 years for people who actually live a rural lifestyle

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$207 + shipping is not a bad price for the hooded down jacket.

I picked up the burgundy one
cold[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
BRO you are on a copping spree merry xmas to you.

That is an excellent deal you will be very pleased with the quality.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My MC closet is full so I guess I'm spending a little more time (and $) on the weekend stuff...

Merry hanukkwanzxmas to you too

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
$207 + shipping is not a bad price for the hooded down jacket.

I picked up the burgundy one
cold[1].gif

Guessing from DQM? Was going to kop, but not sure if i can do the color for outwear as I'm sare it might look femine on me. Plus the measurements on the website is HUGE

SMALL:

Chest - 21
Sleeve Length (Shoulder to cuff) 31 - Gorrila arms?
Body Length 27

Are the sizes CDW makes for companies standard?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely guessing - I'll return or sell it if it doesn't fit.

Gotta be pretty insecure about your sexuality if you think a burgundy coat looks feminine
facepalm.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Post impressions when you get it, I'm sure if you sized down one you'll be fine down garments are impossible to measure. I think this will get you hooked on cdw.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Post impressions when you get it, I'm sure if you sized down one you'll be fine down garments are impossible to measure. I think this will get you hooked on cdw.

There was no option to size down one. I'm generally an L, often an XL in the slimmer brands. I went for L there (other size was S). If it's too big, it will simply go back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads