• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crepe sole?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most things, the quality of the material is the determining factor. Generally, I'd expect the more expensive boots to hold up better than the cheaper ones. The cheap soles are from low-end manufacturers and crack, flake away, and aren't as comfy as the better quality goods. So, if you're paying <$100 for some boots, regardless of the sole material, don't expect them to hold up long.

lwkeung

Reaction score
The crepe soles of my Clarks has started hardening (from dryness? or many gunk?)
Is there a way to return it to it's original sponginess?
I heard about placing them into an oven?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lwkeung
The crepe soles of my Clarks has started hardening (from dryness? or many gunk?)
Is there a way to return it to it's original sponginess?
I heard about placing them into an oven?

you could try askin in the clarks db thread but it just sounds like a bad idea. ask who or wherever you heard it but its not something i think sounds correct

Christobevii3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by diamonds
ive never had a problem with crepe in the rain.

This is why they are slick in the rain. The front area when you walk is flat now from the last 10 months of wear, hence when I'm on tile at work that they wax and they are wet means you slide and pull your hamstring or some ****.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
not crepe noob and good

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have worn wallies in the rain multiple times. it's not well suited to it but not because you'll be slipping and sliding. it slides way less than leather soles on wet concrete. it's just not waterproof at all. water will get inside instantly.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
This is why they are slick in the rain. The front area when you walk is flat now from the last 10 months of wear, hence when I'm on tile at work that they wax and they are wet means you slide and pull your hamstring or some ****.
them there look like the vibram christy soles but there not, wtf. nice but not a crepe sole.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christobevii3
So when they are listed as crepe sole they aren't, interesting...

those also look like the things hot java is selling on the bay. where did you get those and what type of shoes are they?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics