1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Creepy Sartorial Images

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

[​IMG]

My friend, who is often amused at my interest in men's fashion, showed me this video and I thought of this thread immediately. The whole video is a cringefest but particularly at 3:15, the "headless dress" is what I would definitely consider creepy.

1 person likes this.
  2. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

^ Surely that article is satirical. Surely it must be.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I hope so too but I doubt it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  5. EFV

From an Etsy add. This guy is actually trying to sell this suit:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

If he throws the tie in the deal, I would buy it..:crackup:

He looks like John Water's creepier English cousin.

7. MisterFu

MisterFu Senior member

How much did he want for the suit?

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

5$ or a dedicated picture of Conne.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  9. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

This Spanish blogger who even wrote a poor book of how to dress, he confusses classic garments as stroller with anothers, and all was a rookie bluff.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He gets cash to promote tailors of this " quality" saying they are over Savile or Naples ( judge yourself) i know him personally, he invited me to be part of his business to allegedly getting 2000 euros of each politician sending them to the poor ever tailors, the Madrid ones. Here is him on a Calvo de Mora DB jacket, see is 3 sizes bigger and the neck is close to his ears, the twisted sleeves etc.

And see a " bespoke" shirt, made by the un-tailor of the Real Madrid boss. This pics from his blog, i showed to all the Neapolitan masters and owners of famous houses, any can´t believe this defective garments can be sell at 2500 euros and circa 200 the unshirt or even delivered at 1 euro.

Also note the bad taste of such monogram on a dress shirt, and the horizontal stripes on another unshirt made by the same untailor.

The untailor has also allegedly bribed the English blogger Simon, another with 0 clue blacklisted by half the industry by untrusty one and writting no sense all around as you all know. As example of shilling, Simon wrote, perfect attention to detail, while the lapel buttonhole was crooked and non parallel to the lapel angle, yes " perfect attention to detail". This two bloggers got any clue and are just to get fast cash out of fooling newbies.

See the crooked pattern matching on the ill trousers ( the untailor even wrote to my critic, i needed new glasses it was perfect, see it)

This pics are now on the walls on several schools of High Tailoring in Naples as example of BAD TAILORING to show the pupils what a bad job is. He on the contrary uses it on his blog to hook clients and politicians with 0 knowledge. The the tiny shirt yoke and plenty of defects all around and POOR ROOKIE FIT, see the POOR HANDWORK. The " tailor" is Langa, his pupil so calls himself master tailor with 36 years, while a full life of good work( not this) is needed to achieve being a true master.

My 80´s grandmaster, considered the best alive in Naples, called him master of horrors, judge yourselves:

The orlo ( rollino) needs as a pocket square to be folded twice, here is a fraud of just half folded and sewn with a stich every meter, to fool politicians saying is handmade, yes it is, but poorly done. Compare this crime show here to any real neapolitan handwork per example.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See the jeans this " expert " on classic tailoring wears and the " bespoke" unshirt who on Naples the untailor should be launched to the dock if ever delivered such a sartorial crime;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

What the hell did I just read?

4 people like this.
  11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

A posting by someone who learned English from Google Translate.

2 people like this.
  12. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

English isn't my first language either but as of right now I'm feeling a little better about it.

1 person likes this.
  13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

What is an Untailor?

14. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

un tailor; non tailor.

Well, at least my English is far better than that untailoring. [​IMG]

Or better said, my post are to English what those untailors are to high tailoring.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    3 people like this.
  15. username79

username79 Senior member

This dude is fucking a woman a foot taller than him and drives a Porsche 918.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  16. EFV

Way to necroquote. BTW, as far as we know, he's not bedding her, they both work for Porsche though. This is his wife:

[​IMG]

Other than that you're probably right about him not caring.

Edit. To be clear, I'm not saying his wife is less of a catch than that model. If she landed an ex-F1 driver she's probably a pretty cool lady.

17. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That's ex-F1 driver Mark Webber and Maria Sharapova.

This is his wife.
    [​IMG]

-edit- EFV beat me to it.

18. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Well..

She is quite mumsy..

19. chogall

chogall Senior member

20. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

They've at least put him on a one-button jacket this time, so he doesn't have to get confused over which one to fasten like before.