• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creepy Sartorial Images

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not sure what anything I said has to do with 'hyper sensitive easily offended homosexuals'. Where do all these assumptions and stereotypes come from? Just occasionally I get rather tired of the high school locker-room level recitation of prejudices, as if we were all expected to agree with them. And there is nothing more crass and vulgar, not to say creepy and lacking in style, than prejudice. It is that simple.

Probably the same place you deemed anyone who finds the shirts creepy are stupid homophobes.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.rayfish.com/

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you looked at the website and listened to the video? Is it some spoof joke?

If not, that man and his company are seriously crazy...

"Rayfish Footwear creates personalized sneakers made from genuine stingray leather. Our groundbreaking bio-customization technique allows you to design your very own transgenic Rayfish. One fish, one shoe.

With our online design tool, you can create a unique pattern for your own Rayfish stingray. Select elements from dozens of animal patterns and remix them into something nature could have never imagined.

In 2011, we successfully engineered our first fully bio-customized stingray.

Our online store will go live after the Grow Your Own Sneaker contest period has ended. Pricing of a pair of genuine Rayfish sneakers currently ranges from $14,800 to $16,200,"

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a spoof, the only question is whose spoof? PETA? **** Yeah, Menswear?

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's definitely a spoof, the only question is whose spoof? PETA? **** Yeah, Menswear?

It does seem far too completely mental to be real, especially when you listen to the CEO video - he sounds like a delusional Frankenstein. Of course the specificity of breeding colours seems far too advanced (as well as being far too horrid to be commercially successful).

However the website and design your own mutant sneaker feature, seem incredibly well done - someone has put a lot of effort into it.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now, that is creepy...

I understand that a NATO unit is being recruited from the Pitti crowd
for future duty in Syria. This is simply i-Gent military footwear.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I understand that a NATO unit is being recruited from the Pitti crowd
for future duty in Syria. This is simply i-Gent military footwear.

I can imagine Cravate Noire as a commando parachutist.:slayer:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ that's actually pretty funny. Wouldn't wear it myself, mind you. But it has a certain cheeky sense of humour that I appreciate. I quite like it on that level.
shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads