• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creed's Erolfa

The Stranger

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Creed's Erolfa? My sister is begging me to buy it and to be honest I like it too but well, looking at the price tag I don't want to be making a mistake. I have sampled it already and women seem to love it but some people tell me it's a common scent...?
eh.gif

erolfa-creed-fragrance.jpg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Creed, Bond No. 9, etc... are far too much money IMHO. Spending that much money on a cologne / perfume is like spending $2500 on a pair of Alden's.

What do you recommend to be a good "value."

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
What do you recommend to be a good "value."

All Andy Tauer fragrances.
Easily beats Creed and most other high priced scents in quality.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Stranger
So can anyone comment about Erolfa?
You certainly would not go badly wrong with Erolfa (assuming for the time being that cost isn't a consideration). It falls into the aquatic/fresh scent category of fragrances. This category has been enormously popular over the last 10-15 years. I think that's why some people told you it's a common scent. Erolfa itself is certainly not common (it's too expensive for that), but if you wear it, you will smell similar to a lot of other young men. Fragrances in this genre tend to be very easy on the nose; that is, they're not at all difficult to appreciate and they're not going to be offensive to many people. In my opinion, Erolfa is a quality example of the fresh/aquatic genre, but not so good as to justify the price. I don't think there are a lot of fans here of aquatics generally, so you probably won't get a lot of strong encouragement for this one. EDIT: Fragrance questions typically go in the Health and Body forum. You'd probably get more replies there.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hear Rach likes Erolfa, but I don't know of anyone who actually has a bottle, and because it's one of those overplayed freshy-watery jobbies I can't be bothered to seek it out, much less actually splash out the cash for it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Search function! Typing in "erolfa" will give you lots of info, as we've talked about it quite often.

Yep, I like it AS AN AQUATIC, which is my least favorite family. It has, instead of the usual soapy-clean garbage, a sort of odd briney note which is kinda fun. Is it worth it? Meh, not really, but if you are dead set on an aquatic and/or an aquatic Creed, go for it.

One used to not be able to swing a dead cat on Basenotes without swapping and/or buying a bottle of it on the cheap... I have no idea if that still is the case, though.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Search function! Typing in "erolfa" will give you lots of info, as we've talked about it quite often.

Yep, I like it AS AN AQUATIC, which is my least favorite family. It has, instead of the usual soapy-clean garbage, a sort of odd briney note which is kinda fun. Is it worth it? Meh, not really, but if you are dead set on an aquatic and/or an aquatic Creed, go for it.

One used to not be able to swing a dead cat on Basenotes without swapping and/or buying a bottle of it on the cheap... I have no idea if that still is the case, though.

Speaking of the ol' swap board, I think most of the offerings there these days smell like the aforementioned dead cat.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's my favorite ... along with Creed's Vetiver (not Original Vetiver).

Colognes are a very personal thing. If you like it and can afford it ... then it's worth it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cannot comment on Erolfa, but I have 11 Creed scents, and they are among the most commented on and the most unique I own. Orange Spice is my all time favorite.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

(...).

I think it's time we updated your nom de poast from Professor Fabulous to Professor Search Function!!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get a smaller decant of Erolfa from theperfumedcourt.com . http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...Erolfa-dw.aspx I've ordered from them, they're legit, a tad expensive, but 5 ml of Erolfa should last you a while, especially if it's part of a rotation with your other colognes. Erolfa is pleasant. A bit too salty for me. It's not bad, just kind of...one dimensional. You should try Aventus, Silver Mountain Water and Green Irish Tweed as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads