• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creed Aventus - September 2010

robbz9206

Reaction score
creed-aventus-perfume-selectism-0.jpg
"This mesmerizing mix of bergamot, apple and pineapple perched on wood and oakmoss is evanescent and summery, so chill it, and deploy it quickly." - The New York Times, July 26, 2010" The Aventus bottle is sleek black leather around a CREED bottle in the classic CREED "flask" design. The silver emblem of horse and rider evokes unbounded adventure and spirit. Characteristics: Royal but not imposing, CREED Aventus is made with ingredients hand selected worldwide by Erwin CREED, seventh generation of CREED and its future chief. Essences he chose were shipped to CREED's French workshop, where father and son created Aventus using hand production methods that date to the founding of CREED in 1760. The result: a work of excellence fit for the most discerning clientele. Classification: Fruit Rich/Fresh
  • Top notes: Finest blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples and a burst of royal pineapple.
  • Middle notes: Exquisite roses with a complement of dry birch, Moroccan jasmine plus a hint of patchouli.
  • Base notes: Musk with a touch of oak moss for depth, then ambergris and a dab of vanilla.
Olivier CREED, sixth-generation master perfumer of France, presents in America -- before all other countries -- his latest creation, AVENTUS, a new fragrance for men (and adored by women) celebrating strength, power, vision and success. CREED Aventus is inspired by the dramatic life of an historic emperor who waged war, peace and romance on terms he set, riding on horseback to victory. Superb ingredients become in the hands of Olivier CREED the unrivaled Aventus, a worldly blend and must-have for the individual who savors a life well lived. Part of proceeds from U.S. sales of CREED Aventus will benefit American Rivers, a nonprofit group protecting U.S. waterways from environmental harm. I want this. Anybody tried it?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just tried this for the first time earlier today. The top is very fruity and fresh. Of the top notes that are listed, it's the pineapple that really jumps out, for me at least. As the scent dries down, it develops into something oddly rubbery, a little bit like Bulgari Black, though not quite as rubbery as that.

I'm not a big fan of most Creeds, but I like this one better than most. Not enough to buy a bottle, though.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a sample a few weeks ago. If you like pineapple, this is for you. Drydown is rather pretty but very mellow - this is no sillage monster like Original Santal or Bois Du Portugal. I like it but don't love it, and at that price, it better be love.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads