• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Creative Recreation Shoes/Boots

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do they fit? TTS?
eh.gif

anonkid024

Reaction score
got a few pairs.. the lows fit better than the highs, but overall they are all comfy

*#..

Reaction score
First, I'd just like to say I don't recommend you buy them, but I'll give you my experience with them since I wore 1 pair exclusively before improving my steez. It was the only pair of shoes I had for that period of time, so I wore them everyday.

I thought they were quite comfortable until the 2 year mark. After the 2 years of wear, they became extremely uncomfortable, and I had to get another pair of shoes. The insole is really thin, providing little arch support. I replaced mine with another insole, but they were still uncomfortable, so I can't use them as beaters anymore. The last time I wore them (~6 months ago), I had to walk pretty slow or experience great discomfort in my arches.

They fit short and narrow. I'm a 7.5D, and I wore mine in a 10. To put this in perspective, I wear 40 in common projects, but the CPs are barely shorter than the cesario lo I have. Truth be told, I should've picked a size 9.5 for a shorter length, but I felt the width was too narrow. You should size up by at least 1.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
First, I'd just like to say I don't recommend you buy them, but I'll give you my experience with them since I wore 1 pair exclusively before improving my steez. It was the only pair of shoes I had for that period of time, so I wore them everyday.

I thought they were quite comfortable until the 2 year mark. After the 2 years of wear, they became extremely uncomfortable, and I had to get another pair of shoes. The insole is really thin, providing little arch support. I replaced mine with another insole, but they were still uncomfortable, so I can't use them as beaters anymore. The last time I wore them (~6 months ago), I had to walk pretty slow or experience great discomfort in my arches.

They fit short and narrow. I'm a 7.5D, and I wore mine in a 10. To put this in perspective, I wear 40 in common projects, but the CPs are barely shorter than the cesario lo I have. Truth be told, I should've picked the 9.5's but I felt the width was too narrow. You should size up by at least 1.

If you wore the shoes daily for 2 years...I'd say you got your money's worth...especially at what a pair of those cost at retail.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
If you wore the shoes daily for 2 years...I'd say you got your money's worth...especially at what a pair of those cost at retail.
Haha seriously, I even got them on sale from cmonwealth for $56 shipped. Good deal, and I wore the crap out of them. I just don't think the hypebeasty steez resonates with the average SF poster.

muziq925

Reaction score
The Creative Recreation made in italy line (turinos etc) are sized the same as common projects. I just picked up a pair of turinos for a good price and they fit exactly the same. Ex. 43 fit like a 10.5

greeneggs4spam

Reaction score
I have a couple pairs. They're alright, but their site has 70% off and free shipping occassionally which makes them worth it.

They normal line ones fit small to me. I'm normally a 10.5/11, and I need a 11.5 in creative recreation. I haven't tried the made in italy ones.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, CRs fit super small/narrow to me. I think I have a pair in 12, and I'm a 10.5 typically.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
interesting responses here

I could even size down half a size when I tried them on myself in stores. THese were the hi tops

Were they cesario his? A friend of mine had a pair awhile ago. They fit similarly to the cesario lo. Just to let you know, for the ones I have there's probably 2 thumbnails extra room. I just couldn't handle my pinky toe being potentially squished. That and I was an idiot in shoe sizing when I was younger because of Nike.
ffffuuuu.gif
But I really can't see someone being able to size down unless, as someone pointed out, it's another design you're wearing.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
is this the brand w/ the massive velcro strap and the conspicuously placed logo as if to say look at me and my $60 YSL knockoffs

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Were they cesario his? A friend of mine had a pair awhile ago. They fit similarly to the cesario lo. Just to let you know, for the ones I have there's probably 2 thumbnails extra room. I just couldn't handle my pinky toe being potentially squished. That and I was an idiot in shoe sizing when I was younger because of Nike.
ffffuuuu.gif

But I really can't see someone being able to size down unless, as someone pointed out, it's another design you're wearing.

_6348450.jpg

Those were the ones I tried on. I was able to size down by half a size.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
_6348450.jpg

Those were the ones I tried on. I was able to size down by half a size.

Yeah, their sizing must not be consistent. I've only dealt with their cesario style. If you can fit 1/2 size lower, you're probably right.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
www.cr8rec.com

70% off code: CREMPLOYEE

Shipping is 7.50 with no tax in most states

Not sure these are any good but there was a threak about them and I thought I would share the deal (not ordering any myself)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads