• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

creative recreation - Has quality improved?

Homeless_Haitian

Reaction score
Just wondering if the quality of Crecs has improved. The last time i bought some was back in 2007 and they use to make my feet bleed when walking alot; also the heels use to scrape my foot causing sores. I read on their description that the shoes are now lined wondering if it is any improvement.

DBoon

Reaction score
i vote "insensitive username of the year"

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair last year ($30 on sale, beater sneaks for going to places I know my feet will get stepped on, bars, shows, etc.) and they do not seem to be any better than what you're describing. They feel clunky and the heel rubs a bit on mine too.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
still **** quality. flimsy everything. not confidence inspiring

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wack ass name. The humor is lost on me.

sanjkt

Reaction score
I'm not in the market for new sneakers, but when I was bored in class and checked gilt today, I noticed the creative recreation sneakers (Italian collection). I hadn't realized that creative recs reached the $3-400 range.. does anyone know how these stack up (quality-wise) against common projects/generic man/other luxury sneakers. Being a broke college student, I've always worn adidas sambas and stan smiths, but at 98$ if these turinos are actually good quality sneakers (I would be very disappointed in creative recreations if this wasn't a better deal than $45 sambas), i might consider ordering a pair.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
I don't see where all the hate is coming from... I've got a pair that i've worn almost daily for a full year. no quality issues at all. Not even a loose thread or anything. I have narrow feet and they fit as such so i find mine very comfortable. No issues with feet bleeding or anything... yikes

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
I don't see where all the hate is coming from... I've got a pair that i've worn almost daily for a full year. no quality issues at all. Not even a loose thread or anything. I have narrow feet and they fit as such so i find mine very comfortable. No issues with feet bleeding or anything... yikes
What model? I have cesario lows and while they're not horrible quality and definitely don't make my feet bleed, but they are not very comfortable and the leather is thin.

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
What model? I have cesario lows and while they're not horrible quality and definitely don't make my feet bleed, but they are not very comfortable and the leather is thin.

yeah thats what i'm rockin too. I agree the leather is a bit thin (the toe box is holding the creases like mad) but i also don't want super thick leather for sneakers. My feet are too sweaty for that haha. Everyone's feet are different and i guess mine just fit them better. I could wear them all day

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Who cares about his username. I am sure there are plenty of those in America (as well as Haiti).

darkdream

Reaction score
Get the Creative Recreation Italians only... the rest are crap.

mistewacko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkdream
Get the Creative Recreation Italians only... the rest are crap.

How is the sizing compared to non-Italian CR's? Similar to Common Projects since the sole may be made by the same factory...???

Returningson

Reaction score
Ive owned several pairs of the creative recreation italian collection pieces (one porello and two turinos; brushed brown & white suede) and i love them. They use the same CP cupsole, have the same side stitching and everything. Really nice pair of kicks! Almost like getting a pair of CPs for around $80-$100.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads