• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

creatine

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
is creatine supposed to be taken 7 days a week, or only on the days you work out?

kever

Reaction score
I take it 7 days a week. I also take a higher dose on the days that I work out than the days I do not.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lost a kidney due to creatine
mwink[1].gif

MrRogers

Reaction score
H creatine.... Biggest scam in the supplement world.

Most powdered creatines are crap, ethyl ester is the newest thing and is supposed to work better, which it to say it would work at all.

If you want to gain more size, eat an extra lb of lean chicken a day, it'll work 10x better that creatine and coast about as much

MrR

kever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
AH creatine.... Biggest scam in the supplement world.

Most powdered creatines are crap, ethyl ester is the newest thing and is supposed to work better, which it to say it would work at all.

If you want to gain more size, eat an extra lb of lean chicken a day, it'll work 10x better that creatine and coast about as much

MrR

For me I have noticed a drop off of size and strength when I go off of creatine. I've been off and on about 5 times in he past 5 years and I usually lose a noticable amount of size when I go off. I also notice my compound lifts seem more difficult. I have read articles on places like Pubmed.com that show that creatine does work and ones that says it does nothing to enhance performance. I might be all in my head, but I'm going to continue using it as I feel it helps me. To each their own..

Also, I get about a month and a half out of a thing of creatine right now. If I could find a month and a half worth of 1LB of chicken daily for $40 I'd be all over it.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kever
For me I have noticed a drop off of size and strength when I go off of creatine. I've been off and on about 5 times in he past 5 years and I usually lose a noticable amount of size when I go off. I also notice my compound lifts seem more difficult. I have read articles on places like Pubmed.com that show that creatine does work and ones that says it does nothing to enhance performance. I might be all in my head, but I'm going to continue using it as I feel it helps me. To each their own..

Also, I get about a month and a half out of a thing of creatine right now. If I could find a month and a half worth of 1LB of chicken daily for $40 I'd be all over it.

----It's not in your head. My endurance (ablility to do more reps)l noticeably increased while on creatine. And I'm very critical of it being in my head so to speak. Your performance does increase. There is water loss for sure/weight when stopping. I think it gives you at least a 5 to 10% better strength performance and definitly you do not fatigue as much. The research backs up that it works. But it is for those athletes wantingto perform at the highest level. There are no long term data on the health risks of creatine so something to keep in mind. There also maybe some mental benefits.

MrRogers

Reaction score
Every drug has a placebo effect, if we gave 100 guys creatine and others powdered sugar, plently of the powdered sugar guys would make similar statements as to its benefits. I'm very attuned to my body and have tried prolly a dozen brands over the years; I never felt that any of them did anything for me in terms of strength or size.

Just my .02$

MrR

ts4them

Reaction score
I love Creatine; it volumizes my muscles, and makes them more rounded. When I don't take it, my muscles look 'flatter'. I take it everyday, but I don't do the loading phase. I like the micronized (AST) as it's not as gritty and doesn't upset my stomach like others have.

mizanation

Reaction score
creatine works. there are different types. some work better than others.

Kevin

Reaction score
Works for as long as you take it. And should be taken 7 days.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The research on creatine is fairly definitive, but moderately difficult to interpret. To put it very simply, it is effective but only if you're actually pushing yourself quite hard. In the simplest possible terms, it will give you the energy to do a few more reps at high weights, which will help you gain faster and in that way, will increase your strength more quickly. However, it's up to you to do the heavy lifting. If you're not doing workouts at a very high level (relatively to your capacity) it's likely you won't see much or any improvement from creatine.

mizanation

Reaction score
right. creatine increases work capacity. it's up to you to capitalize off of that to gain from it.

before creatine in supplement form, one of the best way to get it was through raw beef:

* old school boxers would chew on raw beef (beef has creatine) to increase their "stamina".
* sugar ray robinson, maybe the greatest pound-for-pound boxer would put raw steak through a juice squeezer and drink the blood.
* the masai tribe of kenya drinks cattle blood for strength.

good thing we have gnc now.

a regular 5 gram dose of creatine takes about 5 pounds of raw steak.

ts4them

Reaction score
I thought creatine also helped to keep water in the muscles, volumizing the muscle on a purely cosmetic level.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics