Creasing in cotton blazers?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Jul 10, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I was flipping through my wardrobe tonight and found a couple cotton blazers that I havent worn in awhile, by Theory and Varvatos respectively. I noticed that they had fairly noticable creases down the front from having been hung for awhile, which I didnt notice on any of my other jackets or blazers. Is this something common to cotton? I am going to have them drycleaned anyways as they could use it, but will that and a press usually take care of the creasing?

d

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

Yeah, cotton and linen will definitely crease more than wool/cashmere jackets. It's just inherently part of the material characteristics.

A press should remedy the situation. I don't know if a steaming would be as effective (even simply hanging it in the bathroom while you take a hot shower) as it is with wool due to the nature of the fiber.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, I might try it anyways, it can't hurt, but I was going to pay a visit to the dry cleaner anyways so it's a convenient excuse in any case. Those jackets are actually pretty cool so I would like to get them looking sharp [​IMG]