1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Creases on new shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yanks2182, Jul 5, 2005.

1. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

I just picked up a new pair of Peal's shoes from BB. I always seem to get a crease around the point where my toe branches off from my foot. Is this normal on all shoes? I hate the way it looks.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

What kind of creasing are we talking about? Lether will crease when you flex it. If there are fit problems, there will also be ridges and other deformations.

3. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

I don't know exactly what a ridge looks like. It's just basically a straight line going across where my foot bends when I walk.

4. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Sounds normal to me. I believe Rider has mentioned that the proper place for the crease is at the widest part of the shoe, which ought to be just where you're talking about.

5. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

A ridge is a noticeable bump. If all you're getting is creasing where your foot flexes, that's normal.

6. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

Alan,

Well the crease is at the widest part of the shoe. It seems normal that it would crease, as this is where your foot flexes. I just have a pet peeve with shoes. I love the way a brand new pair looks with no creases in the leather. Is there any way to minimize the creasing other than using shoe trees?

7. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Yes. Put on a brand new pair of shoes and don't ever, ever move.

8. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

[​IMG] LOL--Good one.OR, buy shell cordovan shoes which form undulations rather than sharp creases.I've also found that wingtips hide the creasing quite well.

9. ptolbert

ptolbert Member

When I got my Aldens, my friend who sold them to me broke the vamp. Ie He took two wooden dowels and put them on either side of where the crease should be, and had me flex. Voila- perfect creases.

10. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I just have my neighbor's kid drive his mudbike over the front of my shoes. Works in a pinch.

11. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

Lots of sarcasm here, but I get the gist of it. Shoes crease. Just learn to live with it.