1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

craziest, wackiest quotes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by esquire., Mar 8, 2005.

1. uriahheep

uriahheep Senior member

http://www.clintcam.com/barkley/ Talking about Karl Malone and his retirement on Jay Leno: Jay Leno: "Karl's in great shape though." Charles Barkley: "Me too. Round is a shape." Barkley never worries about being politically correct. "If you don't want an honest answer," he said, "don't ask the question." "Danny Ainge has to realize that some of the best basketball players are some of the best dumb guys in the world. Until he learns that, the Boston Celtics will not be successful. You don't go to Harvard and Yale to get great basketball players...you go there to get lawyers and accountants. You have to go to the ghetto to get the good players. You have to learn that Danny Ainge." -- Barkley, on Ainge's plan of finding "smart" players. Barkley, to George Clooney: "I'm depressed, I finally met a guy better looking than me." Charles and the gang interviewing Jermaine O'Neal: "Hey Jermaine, did you see Sam Cassell in The Lord of the Rings?" and my favorite: # On being misquoted in his autobiography: "That was my fault. I should have read it before it came out." --------------------------------------- I think that Barkley's great. He is brutally honest, has no pretenses...

2. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

My favorite - from Conan The Barbarian:

Random Medievel Warrior - "Conan, what is best in life?"
    Arnold/Conan - "To destroy your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"

Panzer

3. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Thanks, Panzer. That's a great scene.

4. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

I was kindof hoping that we would actually write out the quote, instead of describing the scene. I'm lazy, and don't want to wade through 20+ pages to search for that quote.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Well, J oblivioned the post, so no luck there.

6. armscye

armscye Senior member

If we're restricted to quotes from this Forum, I must admit to a fondness for the thread where I-- that would be the micronesian guy-- was called a "racist" for commenting on European politics.

7. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

J or Steve B.,

Is there any possible way to resurrect that post by styleman where he wrote how he was marked for greatness? Could it remain locked, so nothing new could be added. Or, just release that one page where he wrote this?

8. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior member

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
    -Adam Savage, Mythbuster