• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
doesn't chad size down as much as possible, then stretch them out absurdly and sag like a mofo?

k4ppah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Chad's pair has stretched out about two inches. I'm not saying people should size down two, i'm just repeating what get smart told me on the phone today.

Glad I decided to go down that extra size. Lets hope most people are still gonna be satisfied with what they receive.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of 30's. I measured a pair of RB15's in size 31 I was wearing today and with the exception of the leg opening (which is about 8" in the RB15 compared to the listed 7.5" for the CVFJ) and the thigh (11.25" on RB15 vs. 11" listed for the CVFJ) the other measurements were near identical. I would have purchased the size 29 CVFJ to get a slimmer fit and then stetched them out, but I wasn't fond of what appeared to be a more severe taper from 8.5" at the knee to 7" at the leg opening. The leg opening was my personal deciding factor here since 7.5" leg opening is the smallest I like to wear.

We'll see how they fit. If they don't work out and I can't return, I'm sure someone out there will need this size and we could work out a trade or sale depending. Keep that in mind.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
got back from hanging out with Chad...saw the jeans, I think you guys will like them. The overdye makes em look "dirty" if that makes sense.

as far as sizing....this is a tough one because everyone has a different approach to how they wear them and how they like em to fit, so 2 identical guys might prefer different sizes depending on their biases

that said, the sample size I tried on wasnt the actual denim, but regular 14oz dry denim so it was much stiffer and thicker than what the CvsF jeans actually are.....taking that into account I fit into the size 30 best, giving me a snug but not super tight fit at waist. The hips and thigh were comfortable and I probably could go smaller there since I have small thighs and no butt. BUT, chad said that I should probably take a size 29 because of the stretch factor, but when I tried the 29 sample size it was way too small for me in the hips/waist and I dont like my jeans to be that uncomfortable while waiting to stretch, I buy em to fit from day 1. Soooo, I will probably be a size 30 in these after all said/done. For reference I wear size 30 Nudie, 29 APC, 29 Dry Bones Red-D, 32 Julian Red, 32 LVC preshrunk 505, 29 Jean Shop skinny. I def would not advise sizing UP and most would do best sizing down 1 from what they think their norm is

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
he guys we are gonna be closing up in a few, so if for some reason you wanted to call to ask questions, please do so with the quickness!

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got back from trying these on in the store. In short, the jeans are worthy of much hype. Here are my observations: Appearance/Feel The pictures made the jeans looked long, rigid and dark like every other pair of selvage I've owned but that is not the case at all. They were dark, but a shade darker (than say, APCs) with a very rich blue/black color and a slight sheen. It looks great and I can't wait to see how they fade. The jeans are light weight and that was a huge plus for me, I wouldn't describe them as being rigid. For selvage I would consider them soft. Fit As stated before, it is a slimmer fit but with room (I am tall & skinny). I normally wear a 33 (R&B, KMW, Nudies) but I sized down to a 32 to account for slight stretching, still, my thighs weren't suffocating. The waist was a little snug to me but Teger thought they were fine. For being 6'2 the length was almost perfect, not sure if I will roll them or not. Favorite Details My favorite detail (if you want to consider it a detail) is the weight of the denim: lighter than most and I speculate they will be very comfortable for summer wear. Next, the back leather patch: grey and the softest patch I have ever felt (sewed onto jeans at least). I think they will be my favorite pair of jeans.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi guys. Thanks for the kind words and support. I hope everyone loves there jeans.
Like I said I have put on some weight and I am normally a 31 but I took a 32 . The 31 one was way to tight in the waist for me.
I was at my daughters graduation ( pre-school..lol) then ate came back and a 50+ pair were sold.
I can't wait to start this contest and make another pair.
Best,
Mauro

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian
Crap, the 32s are all sold out.
I recommend calling the store right when it opens tomorrow morning and grabbing the 32...if they let you. I know they had only 1 or 2 left at about 7:30.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rofl I prob bought the last 32. I'm still at work...finally got some time to get on my iPhone.

th0rbahn

Reaction score
ugh.. really questioning the sizing still. saying it may stretch 2 inches makes it seem no different from APC in that regard.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Still mulling 35 vs. 36, taking stretch into account. If there are any 35s left I may have to switch it up before the shipment gets in. Little worried about the thighs though. 36 SJDJ (which has some elasticity) is about as tight as I want my thigh measurement to be.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by th0rbahn
ugh.. really questioning the sizing still. saying it may stretch 2 inches makes it seem no different from APC in that regard.
Same here. I was interested until the 28s were gone.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads