1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jun 1, 2009.

1. th0rbahn

th0rbahn Senior member

jeeez

there is part of me that does want to drop $200 on a single garment

and another part which could not refuse something described as dollar for dollar the "finest jean on the market" with only 100 made

2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    It's a slim straight that should fit most. I can't promise the world. Chad and I are only human.

The patch is badass but the leather guy is doing his stuff so chad couldn't snag a pic.

I am very proud of this jean and so is Chad. For the die hard it must be made in Japan this jean isn't for you. It's made in the USA !!! No japanese shuttle loom will replicate this denim. The denim has a beautiful unique look with special characteristics that only a vintage american loom can produce.

there is 108 jeans total. I hope you guys like. I left out two things that I will do for the Spring Wolf vs Goat collection.

Best,
    Mauro

PS- the pics are for artistical purposes that jean looks much different and I promise you will have a shitload of fun breaking these motherfuckers in!

3. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

jeeez

there is part of me that does want to drop $200 on a single garment

and another part which could not refuse something described as dollar for dollar the "finest jean on the market" with only 100 made

so you think these will be the D4D king?

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

they are definitely worth the price IMO

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

same buttons as Crate Routes?

6. th0rbahn

th0rbahn Senior member

so you think these will be the D4D king?

are you asking me or the others?

because I haven't a sweet clue

7. Mauro

A tailored belt loop is a more expensive more secure way to sew beltloops. IMOP I think ALL premium jeans following a certain genre should have them.
    APC and KMW have them. The belt loop os sewn on the top of the waist band on the jean and then tucked under the waistband.
    I will have more pics coming soon.

acutally it is tappered but it's not a skinny jean. I need my boys like JQBOMB to rock these!

The rivets and shanks are all black and they fade bronze ( just like the denim fades from black to blue and if you wear them long enough to white). The company is the same company crates uses.
    The thread is 100% cotton.

8. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Clothes hanger loops is a pretty clever idea. Is that original, or has it been done before?

Surprisingly, BR does it on their shorts. Its pretty handy considering I don't have a ton of clip hangers.

9. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Any idea on the release...like really soon or in the fall? [​IMG] I'm sold...

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

acutally it is tappered but it's not a skinny jean. I need my boys like JQBOMB to rock these!

I'm SOOO tempted to post the pic of him working over the grill with the little piggy flashlight. I may be an asshole but he's actually a cool guy so I'll resist.

11. Mauro

I say go ahead and do it , Albert. Justin has a great sense of humor and can grill with the best of them.

The jean will be ready next week at the latest. I want to put it on the web to make things easier for you guys and my staff.
    I am still on the fence about pre-selling them. I don't want to run in the same situation like the wings and horns boots.[​IMG]
    Those will be here next week for sure probably sooner.
    Best,
    mauro

12. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

13. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

are you asking me or the others?

because I haven't a sweet clue

Anyone. We haven't had a top 10 D4D jeans thread in awhile.

14. k4ppah

k4ppah Senior member

I say go ahead and do it , Albert. Justin has a great sense of humor and can grill with the best of them.

The jean will be ready next week at the latest. I want to put it on the web to make things easier for you guys and my staff.
    I am still on the fence about pre-selling them. I don't want to run in the same situation like the wings and horns boots.[​IMG]
    Those will be here next week for sure probably sooner.
    Best,
    mauro

next week? Awesome.

15. mookiej

mookiej Senior member

looks awesome! count me in. but wow, only 100 pairs made?

16. breakz

breakz Senior member

I'm really, really interested as I'd finally like a pair of go-to jeans. $200 seems like a pittance for these babies.

I assume they are, but I have to ask: are they versatile? Do they dress up and down?

17. Mauro

I made promise to you guys. when i say it will be limited it will be limited. There was only 4,000 yards made of that fabric and most of it was bought before I met up with Henry to talk denim.

everytime I do a limited edition it will be just that. Nothing drives me more nutty than a designer that says here the limited edition and oh by the way it did so well we are addingit to our collection...WTF!?!

18. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

You can go ahead and set aside a pair for me in 31 or 32, pending measurements. They sound pretty sweet.

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

PLEASE do preorders ... no way can i wait on these if there are only 108 of these.

whats the sizing like? did you do size 28 to like 38 or something? im probably the smallest size you made.

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

guys chill out. 108 is a lot more jeans than it sounds like..