• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate Denim

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That never ends well. Just keep your eye on the dates...there's good info in both.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ All jeans stretch. It's just a matter of how much.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i sized down one in my routes, this is my 3rd wear (they are on right now) and they have stretched enough in the waist to be comfy

CocoaAndMe

Reaction score
I've had my 31 hamiltons for about 5 months now but I haven't worn them very much. They seem to be whiskering very quickly compared to my other dry denim especially compared to the amount of actual wear time. But I also feel like the crotch might rip due to the thin denim. So I was wondering how people are doing with crotch blow outs on their hamiltons and also other crates?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CocoaAndMe
I've had my 31 hamiltons for about 5 months now but I haven't worn them very much. They seem to be whiskering very quickly compared to my other dry denim especially compared to the amount of actual wear time. But I also feel like the crotch might rip due to the thin denim. So I was wondering how people are doing with crotch blow outs on their hamiltons and also other crates?
I've worn Sallys for a couple of months, James for a month or two, and Journals for six months+ without having crotch blow out issuses on any of othem

dragonz

Reaction score
Anyone know the different between James slubby raw and James IV? Thanks in advance.
Deciding which pair to pick up and tailor the hem for of a straight leg then flare.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the beige Routes? I bought a pair on the FS board and they are a size too small, but I like the cut.

By the way, I also bought a pair of black routes in the same size (34) and they are a full inch tighter through the leg! (Knee measures 8" and 9" respectively.) Any reason why this is? They were both new. I'm scared to buy any routes now for fear of getting the skinny version like the black ones.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can one purchase the Routes these days? The online shops seem to be sold out.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i sized down one in my routes, this is my 3rd wear (they are on right now) and they have stretched enough in the waist to be comfy

When you say you sized down one, do you mean you sized down from the actual measurement of where the Routes hit or the size you usually buy in pants and non-raw jeans? This has always confused me.

dls6128

Reaction score
Anyone know who stocks Crate Routes in NY? I tried e-mailing them through their site and got no response.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I've worn Sallys for a couple of months...

Do you know whether or not Crate still produces the Sally cut? I really dug the back pockets on those.

ALLCAPS

Reaction score
Can anyone vouch for the recent quality on Crates?

k4ppah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS
Can anyone vouch for the recent quality on Crates?

Personally, I wouldn't take the recent issues with the CvF collab to heart. Chad has been sincerely apologetic, and I would imagine he's working very hard to make sure nothing like that ever happens again. I think there might have even been talk of leaving the factory that made the CvF's in the dust, but don't quote me on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads