1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crate Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by N4UY, Apr 19, 2006.

1. insideman

insideman Senior member

2. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

lots of crate-hate going on in this thread recently.

3. insideman

insideman Senior member

I don't regret buying my crates--the fit is great; I just think I might go elsewhere in my next purchase

4. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

FWIW, I saw indigo and black non-selvedge Crate routes at Filene's basement last year. And all the black Routes were consistently and significantly skinnier than the indigos. Maybe the black models were all just cut slimmer?

Could be.. but given that they're the exact same model, seems weird that they would do this.

FWIW, I do like the Crates.. just some sizing issues.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Nah, no Crate hate here, brother, just a realistic assessment of what I got from them for over $100 a pair, when a $37 pair of Levis 514s are equal if not better in construction and close in fit. (this does not take into account the denim quality though...only time will tell on that...)

I've worn mine frequently this summer, and the denim weight is ideal for hot weather. Love the great potential of the cuts, uniqueness of the deadstock denim and hardware etc, but saddened so many glaringly obvious quality-control flaws (loose stitching, crotch unravelleing and a missing belt loop on +$100 jeans? Sheesh!)

Dunno, if I had picked these up for $75 or less, I suppose I wouldn't be as lukewarm about them.

6. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

seriously even before the CvF issues, i've already seen threads bashing crate's quality. Really hope those guys can change their sewing plant or something.

7. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

There are really cool images up on secretservice's blog of upcoming crate stuff: [​IMG] This stuff looks great. Anyone have experience with Crate's non-denim goods?

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

S/S10 is looking pretty good...They will be getting some of my money

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

I've got a pair of Crate Chambray Pants. The fabric is wonderful, super lightweight chambray. I've had no real problems with the construction, but they definitely aren't the same quality as KMW. Crate does use felled seams, crotch patches, tailored belt loops, and hidden rivets (Fall 09), so the design is great, but they definitely have a problematic factory though.

10. djh

djh Senior member

Dude.. I emailed them so many times when they first posted them on their blog. Always said they'd get them next week or something, still want a pair :/

11. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

Revolve might have some crate jeans for sale, albeit in very very limited sizes.

12. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

There are really cool images up on secretservice's blog of upcoming crate stuff:
    [​IMG]

This stuff looks great. Anyone have experience with Crate's non-denim goods?

+1
    Both the chambray and chino look great.

13. dv3

dv3 Senior member

FYI, just put up some Crate vs Farinellis in B&S...see sig

14. itsjustadrian

Kay guys, it's been about 6 months now since these were released for S/S '09. Let's see some evo pics. As soon as I find my camera, I'll post my slightly worn in Routes. I wore them about 3-4 times a week so it won't be as extreme as other posters.

15. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

i just got some raw selvege crate jeans and the waistband is pulling off (2 weeks old). The stitching failed.

How to fix?

Secret service wont email back..

16. theom-

theom- Senior member

It's the chainstiching. Chainstichting is overrated to the point it is not funny. Ity unravels if one part of the stich is broken. Anways: Crate Routes 4 Months 1 Soak As I expected, not much contrast. [​IMG] [​IMG] Temporary Button Replacement [​IMG] [​IMG] Vertical Fades [​IMG]

17. Mark C.

Mark C. Senior member

[​IMG]

This fabric has good visual texture.

18. itsjustadrian

Pics of my Routes. First picture shows color more accurately than the rest. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. breakz

breakz Senior member

Great pics...so these are hard to break in? adrian, how much wear?

20. itsjustadrian

I bought these in late march and I usually wear them about 3-4 times a week. I don't do any hardcore activities with them so maybe that's why it's taking so long to get signs of extreme wear.