1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crate chinos

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Feb 4, 2008.

1. rxcowboy

rxcowboy Active Member

Does any store, anywhere still have these in stock? I'd basically give my right nut to get a pair of these in 32. Hell I'd go on a fucking starvation diet to get a pair in 31 if I had to. Or get a 33 and have the waist take in.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Does any store, anywhere still have these in stock? I'd basically give my right nut to get a pair of these in 32. Hell I'd go on a fucking starvation diet to get a pair in 31 if I had to. Or get a 33 and have the waist take in.
    Have you tried, say, calling/emailing Secret Service?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Anyone have fit pics of some tapered crate chinos? I just got some and I can't if I should get them tapered and hemmed a little bit or just taper them and let them stack.
    here's a pic of mine as promised tapered from knee to hem, 7.5 across hem. hemmed short to wear with Docs [​IMG]

4. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Man these look great. I would live to get one of the James cuts when they come out. Has anyone seen any pictures of these in black?

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

The James cut has come/gone...unfortunately they all went to vendors overseas so it's more likely you'll see Bigfoot before a James chino.

I've seen the black ones in the Hamilton cut....same fabric, just black. matte looking, not a super deep black, but def black

6. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

I had a James III jean in a charcoal greyish cut that was alright, except the thighs were unusually tight and they seemed to subtly flare out from the knee. They were had for ~$35 marketed way down from Barney's, so I figured what the hell and wore them on and off about 7 times over 2 months. By this time the 2nd crotch button popped off and would not go back onto the backing that was entact into the jean material which was frustrating (I bought true to size). Compounded with the fact that the endges were purposely unfinished they looked neat at first, but then the belt loops and such just started fraying nonstop and I would keep cutting off the thread. I ended giving them to GoodWill as they were agrivating to wear. I hope quality and design is much better now than it was a few years back. The experience has made me hesitant to consider purchasing again although the product looks nice.

7. SecretService

SecretService Senior member

here's a pic of mine as promised

tapered from knee to hem, 7.5 across hem. hemmed short to wear with Docs

[​IMG]

Jason,

That is a great job tailoring those. They look great. And for those interested we do have some chinos available in Hamilton and James cuts black and tan. We brought some out of the woodwork. Actually we just finished a small production run for some accounts.

Erdawe,

Get in touch with me. I hate for someone to have a bad Crate experience. We'll make it right.

- Chad

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Are you bringing any down on Sunday? I'm sure that'd bring out the locals...

9. SecretService

SecretService Senior member

Are you bringing any down on Sunday? I'm sure that'd bring out the locals...

We will. Founds James, Hamiltons and Routes in the tan khaki and Hamilton and James in the black. Sizes are limited though.

10. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hear that kids? Get your hands on them before I do.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Found Routes in the tan khaki.

!!!!!! these need a good home.......!!!!!

not to slobber on Chad's dick or anything, but the Hamilton khakis are freakin awesome....I almost never think about owning 2 pairs of the same pants but these might be an exception

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

I'm thinking I'll wait until I get the chinos in my hands before calling you on Sunday...

13. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm no special flower....

I'm looking for a pair of Crate Denim James Chino in a size 30. Wear APCs in a 27 and Nudies in a 29. I wear a 30 in most other pants. There isn't anywhere in Phoenix that sells Crate.

Any ideas? ShopDetour has them in a 29 but I think they might be too small.

14. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

I really need to see a pic of the Sally's. There's gotta be someone who can get a peek at 'em before they're out. Mauro...

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

Any ideas? ShopDetour has them in a 29 but I think they might be too small.
    They run very true so yeah, I'd avoid the 29 if I were you. SS might still have some James Chinos around but I didn't count that many a few weeks back.
    I really need to see a pic of the Sally's. There's gotta be someone who can get a peek at 'em before they're out. Mauro...
    Nope. I don't think even Chad's taken photos of them, either.