Crate chinos

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the heavy texture of the fabric def makes these less wearable if you want a "formal" chino. in that respect, the cut is perfect for a more casual/work pant

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Not to highjack, but is Godmother still going to do chinos?
    That's the "plan" but I'd expect delivery sometime after April/May considering zip has been said so far. I think they were S/S but towards the later part of the season. It's all speculation at this point.

3. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

do the back pockets look like crate denims where they're round at the bottom? if so, these have just become less interesting.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

do the back pockets look like crate denims where they're round at the bottom? if so, these have just become less interesting.

no, they arent the rounded Crate pockets.

5. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Senior member

these look good. i hope barney's co-ops end up carrying them.

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

J, it's jean style backpockets.

I do think it would be interesting for them to use the fabric and make some vintage inspired chinos with details that reflect the deadstock material being used.

That's a bummer. I wish there were making a true chino.

7. Rye GB

Rye GB Angry Englishman

That's the "plan" but I'd expect delivery sometime after April/May considering zip has been said so far. I think they were S/S but towards the later part of the season. It's all speculation at this point.
    A guy from my showroom was wearing a pair of 5EP chino's a few weeks back in NY that he snagged when he repped the line, they looked great, perfect cut, balance and the fabric was top notch. I asked him how well they sold and he said "not too good". Such a shame that a great pair of pants can't get made because customers are too retarded to recognize good shit. If Godmother is up for it I can confidently vouch for the chino's Sean was wearing. I'm sure there's enough support here to get another colabo going and put the brand out there for people to see.[​IMG]

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^^
    +1 I saw the 5ep chinos at American Rag a few years ago and thought they were perfect. I didn't have the dough to grab them at the time but I'm ready to snag a pair of colabos.

9. blantonator

blantonator Senior member

Any idea when these are going to be available? I didn't see them at the barneys coop.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Any idea when these are going to be available? I didn't see them at the barneys coop.
    It'll be a while before they hit Barney's. I don't think they've even received shipment yet at SS. Give it a few more weeks.

11. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

Can anyone who owns the Hamilton chinos comment on the sizing? How do they run to size?

12. crash

crash Member

I wouldnt do any sizing down on these. order your "true" size, whatever you think that is. If you wear Nudies, and do the one size down, order one size larger for these from the Nudie size. (I wear Nudie 31 and my Crates are 32) I think these will feel too tight if you don't, but YMMV of course.

GS has it right on here. I ordered a pair a few weeks ago and Nate recommended that I size up one from my original order (true waist). They fit *slightly* loose around the waist but my bum is above average in size so the rest of the fit was good. I was a little worried that they would not be as slim fitting by sizing up but they turned out fine. As most people have mentioned, Nate and Chad are definitely a big help so if you have any fit questions shoot them an email.

13. bure

bure Senior member

tried on the hamiltons size 32, true waist is 30. they were a little loose in waist, but perfect room for the rest of the pant.

how much do these retail for at S/S?

also, what is usually worn with these kinds of khaki Chinos (ie. style, colors)?

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I believe retail is $140, less whatever SF promotion discount they happen to be running at the time

15. SantosLHalper

SantosLHalper Senior member

^^^
    +1 I saw the 5ep chinos at American Rag a few years ago and thought they were perfect. I didn't have the dough to grab them at the time but I'm ready to snag a pair of colabos.

I bought a pair from another member a while back. I believe they still had the tags on. They are a very traditional chino cut - higher rise, not very skinny. Fabric and construction were top notch, as expected, including a gusseted crotch (for those with extra large junk).