• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboys cut T.O.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I think since he was released another team has to pay him what he was owed? I have no idea but I think that's how it works...

So that would 8 mill.

My mistake actually, he is a free agent at this point so anyone can pick him up for dirt.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roy Williams is more than just a decent receiver. Peter King's take on how Romo benefits from Owen's exit. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ens/index.html
I know a couple of times in the last three years Romo had to bend over backward, and do things he really didn't care to do, just to stroke Owens' ego and make sure T.O. didn't think he was favoring other players over him. Owens was the kind of high-maintenance player who just kills teams. Look at the recent winners, the big winners. Tom Brady hasn't felt a need, ever, to make sure he fed Randy Moss or Wes Welker or, going back a few years, Troy Brown. That's not the way the team worked.
i think 1500 yards and 23 td's for moss and 112 receptions with 8tds for welker is enough to keep any receiver quiet. if brady suddenly stopped getting the ball to them, held on to the ball too long, and fumbled 4 times a game, i promise that moss would have something to say

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Moss did well last year when Cassell was the QB(and more or less sucked at first).

Seriously, people don't give Randy Moss,who has been nothing short of a model citizen since joining the Patriots, enough credit.

Either that or not giving TO enough credit. Dude's a one-in-a-million headcase.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Redskins don't need T.O. Devin Thomas and/or Malcolm Kelly should be ready to step up this season.

Malcolm Kelly just had another knee (?) operation. He's in shambles; he'll never be an effective receiver. That is, if he ever makes it on the field. I am ready to say that he is a bust. Good thing we didn't spend a first round draft pick on him.

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Randy Moss and TO at wide outs w/ Wes Welker in the slot. How sweet it will be!
bounce2.gif

not so epic but a fail nonetheless...

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a one-year marriage with the Bills it is.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Good deal for the Bills, but not so much for Owens. Probably should have looked harder / take a bigger paycut to play for a team with an actual shot at contending. He'll be 36 year old when the 2009 season starts.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet the Bills make the playoffs next year.

hammer07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Good deal for the Bills, but not so much for Owens. Probably should have looked harder / take a bigger paycut to play for a team with an actual shot at contending. He'll be 36 year old when the 2009 season starts.

+1. Well, I'm sure he'll see plenty of the ball though this year.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is great:

"This might not be the most ideal place for a lot of people. But I'm my own guy. I beat to my own drum, go with my own thinking, my own intuitions.''
-- Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens, on the popularity of Buffalo as a landing spot for NFL players -- and on what makes him him tick.

laugh.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Tim Russert was still here. I would have loved to see T.O. on Meet the Press.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is T.O. now a journeyman? I think 3 teams is the limit for quality players. Even in the NFL with the salary cap, I think his overall image as a HOF WR takes a hit when he keeps jumping from team to team like this....oh well, he's still better than Marvin Harrison.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just booked a bet with my friend (lifelong 'Boys fan and flamboyant Romosexual) that Trent edwards would throw more td's this season than romo.

*edit* anyone like the bet from a betting standpoint? i did it to piss him off kinda but the more i look at it, the more i like it

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
i just booked a bet with my friend (lifelong 'Boys fan and flamboyant Romosexual) that Trent edwards would throw more td's this season than romo.

*edit* anyone like the bet from a betting standpoint? i did it to piss him off kinda but the more i look at it, the more i like it

No way, dude. Unless Romo is hurt he is pretty much good for 25-30. If he has a good season, way more.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
No way, dude. Unless Romo is hurt he is pretty much good for 25-30. If he has a good season, way more.

Gotta disagree, if only because I see their RB picking up more scores this year.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Gotta disagree, if only because I see their RB picking up more scores this year.

And I see a guy who missed several games last year, was injured while he played a couple, had his best WR T.O. have a **** season, and threw for 26, 10 of which were to Owens. He forced the ball to T.O. too often.

Yes they will run more, but I am willing to bet anyone on this forum $100 that if Romo starts 16 games, he throws for 25+. No doubt in my mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads