• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cowboy/Western Boots with slim shaft?

hwood34

Reaction score
I've found plenty of sites answering this question for women's boots, but none for men. I don't wear anything super skinny, but I do wear plenty of slim fit pants. My favorite pair of boots, an old pair of Noconas I found, has a shaft with an inner circumference of about 14". I had been seeing lots of hype about Tecovas, so I decided to grab a pair, but all of my pants seem to fit too tightly over the boots, leaving that goofy outline of the boots under the pants (for example, my Everlane slim chinos with a leg opening of 7" diameter that fit almost perfectly over my Noconas).

Does anyone know of any brands or particular styles that have a slimmer shaft? I live out in the boonies, so I'd really rather not make the hike over to a boot store to try on shoes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.