• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello there,
What high end brand of Cowboy boots do you recommend? Thank you

Depends on what you mean by high end. Are you talking bespoke, or just a really well-made, ready to wear western boot? If the latter, a few brands come to mind (there is a thread here somewhere if you search for it) all of whom do things a little differently, and all of whom will do custom orders depending on what you want. First off, Rios of Mercedes does a great boot, excellent craftsmanship, very nice traditional designs. They start off north of $500 and also do trunk shows at larger retailers. Lucchese is another brand that has boots starting near $400 and going all the way to $3,000 and also has a large custom program. One brand I have been getting into more and more is BlackJack. I'd definitely check them out if you like a traditional design, classic colors/hides, and reasonable prices.

SouthernGent46

Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by high end. Are you talking bespoke, or just a really well-made, ready to wear western boot? If the latter, a few brands come to mind (there is a thread here somewhere if you search for it) all of whom do things a little differently, and all of whom will do custom orders depending on what you want. First off, Rios of Mercedes does a great boot, excellent craftsmanship, very nice traditional designs. They start off north of $500 and also do trunk shows at larger retailers. Lucchese is another brand that has boots starting near $400 and going all the way to $3,000 and also has a large custom program. One brand I have been getting into more and more is BlackJack. I'd definitely check them out if you like a traditional design, classic colors/hides, and reasonable prices.
What kinds do you wear! I am leaning towards Lucchese

suitedcboy

Reaction score
I have seen them but I like wide flat front or near flat front as they are more comfortable and remain the style for rodeo and other horse events. Any with that toe style (the name of that toe escapes me) that I have had were soon ratty looking due to bumping the top of the toe. I never do that with any of my other boot toe styles.

sfo423

Reaction score
Have you considered what type of toe you want? Might direct you to a brand (or fewer brands) to consider.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Hello All
Has anyone posted on custom makers. I’ve perused this thread but only seen mention here or there. I’m in the NE but will to make a post Covid Texas road trip if I can find a maker in the sub 2k range

I have a very difficult right foot so looking for someone who is know for fit foremost rather than creative ....

some names that pop up are JB hill, ponder in the DFW stockyards,
David Espinoza in Phoenix, and republic boot co in Houston.
thanks

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sub $2000 for fully custom boots is going to be tough.

I'm only familiar with JB Hill by reputation, but they make good boots. If you're in The Stockyards, then you should check out ML Leddy- they're very nice.

strider11

Reaction score
Lucchese and Dan Post are solid with prices ranging from $250-$800 last time I stomped around the western shop. You can go way higher if you want - Texas Boot Co. has gator skins for $2k and higher.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootsbybay